Hello everybody

I did everything to keep BBOS 10.3.2 and i don't know how but my Q10 has downloaded the upgrade files for 10.3.3 even with autoupgrade disabled.

Now i'm still with 10.3.2 because i didn't reboot my device and i would like to know if i can cancel the upgrade at this step.

Thank you for your help
    12-30-17 08:31 PM
    Reboot. There is nothing wrong with 10.3.3. I have it on all my BB10 devices.

If you feel absolutely compelled to stay on 10.3.2, you will have to hit it NOW with a 10.3.2 autoloader.
    12-30-17 08:35 PM
    Nope, nothing you can do I don't think. Although it would be cool to try a 10.3.2.xxxx autoloader before it happens. Of course, disaster may ensue and data is totally gone.
    12-30-17 08:36 PM
    First, thank you for your quick answers

To be more precise, i read on the CB forums that BB link doesn't work with 10.3.3 and it's a bad time because i have planned to use it today in order to import data from old backup files (Curve 8520).

My initial goal was to merge all my personal data inside the Q10 then run a full backup with Ultimate Backup. But i think that the merging process will require at least device reboots.
    12-30-17 09:06 PM
    I never upgraded my Q10 to 10.3.3. Despite my setting of no automatic software installs, it tries once a day, and I simply delete the Hub notification and click "try again later" on the pop-up. Don't let it scare you.

(The one time I accidentally let it try to install the 10.3.3 software, I found out I don't have enough free space for it anyway, so the install never completed.)

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    12-31-17 09:09 AM
    Thank you Ragbert for your help but unfortunately, the update files have been downloaded despite the "auto install" parameter set to off. Now if a reboot has to happen, the OS will be upgraded.
    I think i'll go with the autoloader solution because i really need BB Link to get back data from my old 8520. And i like the native app "Snap" to update the android apps and it's not working for now with 10.3.3

I will back up my data with Ultimate Backup, i hope it will work because BB Link is unable to run a full backup (it stalls when it comes to Blackberry Runtime step). However, the partial backup with Link is ok (local data etc.)

Personnally, i find more and more difficult to carry on with BB10. I really think that it's the best mobile OS despite the generally lack of support but it takes so much time to keep it efficient.
    12-31-17 09:22 AM
    I totally agree with you, go_rom, about the BB10 OS. Love it, despite many of my favourite apps being pulled off support.

I reboot my device every so often but haven't had issues with the "upgrade" auto-installing. Maybe the software never fully downloaded onto my device, which in my case is a Good Thing.

Snap (which I loved) stopped working for me a while ago, and I wasn't interested enough in the Google Play apps to go through the Cobalt process of installing/patching, etc. But others who need Android apps have made great use of that method.

Edit: here is the link for the most recent Cobalt's files - read the first post in the thread:
    /more-your-blackberry-10-phone-f306/google-play-store-blackberry-10-outdated-985344/#post11189556

01-01-18 01:00 PM
    Snap (which I loved) stopped working for me a while ago, and I wasn't interested enough in the Google Play apps to go through the Cobalt process of installing/patching, etc. But others who need Android apps have made great use of that method.

Use the Yalp Store - just as good as Snap and easy to install.
    01-01-18 01:40 PM
    You're the 2nd person I've seen recommending that. What is it? Link, please?

01-01-18 02:18 PM
    You're the 2nd person I've seen recommending that. What is it? Link, please?

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com....min.yalpstore/ here you are and you can navigate to this page with your Q10 browser and click on "Download Apk" near the bottom of the page. If you want the FOSS app store which contains The Yalp Store along with other apps you can download and install F-Droid from that page as well.
    01-01-18 02:23 PM
    First, thank you for your quick answers

To be more precise, i read on the CB forums that BB link doesn't work with 10.3.3 and it's a bad time because i have planned to use it today in order to import data from old backup files (Curve 8520).

My initial goal was to merge all my personal data inside the Q10 then run a full backup with Ultimate Backup. But i think that the merging process will require at least device reboots.
    I have used BlackBerry Link with 10.3.3 without incident. Link is not entirely stable on Windows 10, but the issues can usually be managed if you have Administration permissions on your PC. The issues with Link are the same for 10.3.2 and 10.3.3, in my experience.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-01-18 02:41 PM
    Hello everybody

I did everything to keep BBOS 10.3.2 and i don't know how but my Q10 has downloaded the upgrade files for 10.3.3 even with autoupgrade disabled.

Now i'm still with 10.3.2 because i didn't reboot my device and i would like to know if i can cancel the upgrade at this step.

Thank you for your help
    Before you reboot, load the internal storage up with media (videos work great as they are large) or junk files until there is just about 1gb free.
    Then reboot.
    The update will fail because there is not enough storage space to complete the process and then you can use the device as you had been.
    Pay attention to the recommended "free up an additional XXXgb of storage" message within Software Updates and then never remove more than that amount from internal storage.
    You will get a notification about once a day to remind you to free up room, but if you never free up the remove, the update will never take place.
    01-03-18 08:57 AM
    Edit: here is the link for the most recent Cobalt's files - read the first post in the thread:
    Thank you Ragbert. Actually, i've already got the Play Store thanks to Cobalt's file but then i discovered Snap which i found more pleasant to use with its native UI.

Thank you brookie229, i will look into that.

I have used BlackBerry Link with 10.3.3 without incident. Link is not entirely stable on Windows 10, but the issues can usually be managed if you have Administration permissions on your PC. The issues with Link are the same for 10.3.2 and 10.3.3, in my experience.
    Ok thank you bb10 adopter, i didn't know that running BB link with admin rights could manage some issues.

Before you reboot, load the internal storage up with media (videos work great as they are large) or junk files until there is just about 1gb free.
    Then reboot.
    The update will fail because there is not enough storage space to complete the process and then you can use the device as you had been.
    Pay attention to the recommended "free up an additional XXXgb of storage" message within Software Updates and then never remove more than that amount from internal storage.
    You will get a notification about once a day to remind you to free up room, but if you never free up the remove, the update will never take place.
    Hello DaFoxGrey

I tried your workaround but unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I don't know how but even with about 100 mb free, the system succeeded in applying the upgrade.
    About the free empty space, i double checked with the storage status displayed with Windows 7 (z: drive) and by attempting to download a big file in order to get a message error like "not enough free space".
    By the way, i noticed that the storage status displayed on BB10 doesn't update until a reboot.

So currently, my Q10 is running 10.3.3 and here are some tests with BB Link and Win 7 SP1 :
    - Import data from an older OS (BBOS 5 in my case) : it works
    - Full backup data : doesn't work because it stalls when it comes to the "Blackberry Runtime" step but this issue was already encountered with BB 10.3.2
    - Partial backup data (media and local data checked in the custom selection) : it works

For now, i didn't try to retrieve data from a BB Link backup.
    Besides this, Ultimate Backup seems to work great under 10.3.3
    Last edited by Go_rom; 01-05-18 at 02:52 AM.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-04-18 10:34 PM