So I am returning to blackberry (classic) after having a nexus 4. I am traveling from Toronto (Ontario) to Newfoundland (mostly west coast but some travel to the east coast). When I had a Curve a few years ago, I was able to use it in Newfoundland, but when I went there a fewonths ago, I had no signal at all with my Nexus, which became a piece of glass. I have been with Rogers the whole time and they had no answers for me. So for anyone who travels to or lives in Newfoundland, have you heard or had any of these same issues? Do you have a blackberry now? Even for those with different carriers as Rogers rents towers there. Any answer would be appreciated!! Thank you.
    07-13-15 02:23 PM
    'Newfoundland' is pretty broad, you might want to narrow it down to where you're going. Outside of Happy Valley, Goose Bay and Churchill Falls, you're gonna have a bad time lol.
    07-13-15 03:46 PM
    'Newfoundland' is pretty broad, you might want to narrow it down to where you're going. Outside of Happy Valley, Goose Bay and Churchill Falls, you're gonna have a bad time lol.
    Rogers is a true-GSM carrier, right? What bands could a Rogers "Curve" have had that the penta-band UMTS, quad-band GSM Nexus 4 didn't have? Or was even the Curve line beating the Nexus 4 in reception quality?
    07-13-15 05:36 PM
    Rogers is a true-GSM carrier, right? What bands could a Rogers "Curve" have had that the penta-band UMTS, quad-band GSM Nexus 4 didn't have? Or was even the Curve line beating the Nexus 4 in reception quality?
    Honestly, I think you're overthinking it. Just look at Rogers coverage for Newfoundland. Who knows what agreements they had years ago that they might not have now.
    raino likes this.
    07-13-15 06:09 PM