I know this sounds like a stupid question but can you disable BlackBerry hub and just have notifications? I think Blackberry hub looks so untidy and messy freaks me out

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 10:43 AM
    On what phone/OS?

It's easy to do away with it on Android.
    On BB10 it's really part of the OS.
    02-17-17 10:47 AM
    I have a blackberry passport so I'm guessing not??

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 10:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    That would be correct.
    02-17-17 10:51 AM
    Okay thank you just it was worth a ask

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 10:57 AM
    You can turn off account you don't want in hub

CB Mod
    02-17-17 10:59 AM
    Okay thank you just it was worth a ask

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious as to why you have a bb10 device. It's really all about the Hub - the always-on peek experience.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-17-17 11:18 AM
    I know this sounds like a stupid question but can you disable BlackBerry hub and just have notifications? I think Blackberry hub looks so untidy and messy freaks me out

Posted via CB10
    You think the hub looks untidy? I think it adds organization to an otherwise messy notification system . Imagine having all your email accounts set up with different icons on your home screen! Anyways. You can however choose to show each item only in separate accounts so your hub wont have all things in one view
    02-17-17 11:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    How long have you had the Passport? The hub is a shock to people coming from android or iOS at first. But quite often, after an adjustment period, it does grow on you. If you have only had the device for a few days or so, give it at least 2 weeks. If after that point, find a new device that is not BB10. For BB10 the whole deal is centralized notification. You can, of course, hit the menu overflow (3 horizontal line on left side of HUB) to highlight each message category (BBM, Text Message, individual email accounts, calls etc).
    02-17-17 11:29 AM
    I have only had it 3 days I wanted a change from iphone and samsung you get a new phone and there all the same these days but I knew I could get lots of android apps on here as mine is full of them and I miss the key bored that's the reason I get this passport phone if It wasn't for the passport I wouldn't have a BlackBerry right now tbh have been looking at it for nearly a year and half so that's the reason I got a blackberry for a different experience and I enjoy this phone a lot, I just don't like everything being in one place I think it's untidy I like to go on the apps and take it from there, but yet again maybe I will get used to it. And thanks I have started to break up the hub abit of how I look at it

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 12:59 PM
    I have only had it 3 days I wanted a change from iphone and samsung you get a new phone and there all the same these days but I knew I could get lots of android apps on here as mine is full of them and I miss the key bored that's the reason I get this passport phone if It wasn't for the passport I wouldn't have a BlackBerry right now tbh have been looking at it for nearly a year and half so that's the reason I got a blackberry for a different experience and I enjoy this phone a lot, I just don't like everything being in one place I think it's untidy I like to go on the apps and take it from there, but yet again maybe I will get used to it. And thanks I have started to break up the hub abit of how I look at it

Posted via CB10
    Yep, this is a common complaint for people coming from other platforms and 3 days is NOTHING. It will be VERY disturbing until one day (maybe 2 weeks from now) you will wonder how you managed without it. I think the HUB will be the least of your worries however. I see that you are fairly android app dependent, and this will be your achilles heel. BB10 has fallen way behind in app support and is just going to get worse and worse. I can see you getting a Mercury (if you really want the keyboard) in the not to distant future. I love my Passport, but I am not app dependent to a large extent. For me, it is the ultimate messaging device because of the Hub.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-17-17 01:35 PM
    I have been looking at the mercury tbh but I feel in love with the passport since the day I seen it just took a year and half to get the courage to get it, I am android dependent but I'm very surprised the amount of apps I have working I'm amazed, as long as I don't reset my phone I think I will be using this for a while I really enjoy using my passport, it's wired I had a classic and I hated it but love my passport, other then the hub this is my favourite phone I have ever had so far!! And I think it's a very good phone for massaging you are very true when I had a touch screen phone I used to leave a text like 3 days like couldn't be bother with this phone they are telling me to stop texting them lol

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-17-17 01:42 PM
    hmm ... I think you need to start using the double tap of the spacebar to enter a period at the end of a sentence.

Enjoy the BB10 experience. I'm hanging on as well as long as I can. haha
    02-17-17 02:56 PM
    Aha yeah I know I'm still getting confused with the typing keybored touch screen business lol

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 03:43 PM
    I'm curious as to why you have a bb10 device. It's really all about the Hub - the always-on peek experience.
    Was just about to ask the same question. It's the one reason I held off on the Priv and just went the Classic route. Without the HUB on BlackBerry 10, the Priv would've been a no-brainer.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 03:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Give it a few more days with that device and you will wonder how you ever managed without the hub
    02-17-17 03:53 PM
    Based off your current usage and patterns I think you should have gone with a priv or wait for the mercury if you needed the physical keyboard. The main features of the BB10 OS are it's fluidity and adaptability of the hub and the fact that you need/require so many android apps is just going to make it painful to use the Passport for any extended period of time (plus the fact they just don't run as well on the passport as a native android device).
    02-17-17 04:40 PM