Trying to initiate a hard reset from a phone that's stuck trying to load Android.
    Thought this was with a shot before I wipe the phone.
    Tried pressing and holding volume buttons while it was loading and while it was off.
    Is there *anything* else I should try?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-19 02:21 PM
    Trying to initiate a hard reset from a phone that's stuck trying to load Android.
    Tried pressing and holding volume buttons while it was loading and while it was off.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure we could have just continued in the same thread.

In any event, what you're describing wouldn't be helped by a power cycle.
    08-03-19 02:27 PM

He could open the phone and disconnect the battery and let the phone sit for at least 30 min.
    08-03-19 02:29 PM
    He could open the phone and disconnect the battery and let the phone sit for at least 30 min.
    Why? The OP indicated he could power it off already.
    08-03-19 02:33 PM

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for spamming with multiple threads. I had been close to 100% online with my Priv since getting it when it came to personal use.
    When it died, I got on here with an old laptop and my old Passport. For some reason (user error, I'm sure) I couldn't figure out how to reply when a response to my question was posted.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-19 01:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry for spamming with multiple threads. I had been close to 100% online with my Priv since getting it when it came to personal use.
    When it died, I got on here with an old laptop and my old Passport. For some reason (user error, I'm sure) I couldn't figure out how to reply when a response to my question was posted.

Posted via CB10
    So, did the autoloader get you back up and running?
    08-04-19 01:13 PM
    So, did the autoloader get you back up and running?
    Haven't tackled that yet. Just got my old Passport working so I'd at least have w working phone tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-19 01:30 PM
    Why? The OP indicated he could power it off already.
    Pulling the battery would drop everything in system memory as well as all fast start presets
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-04-19 05:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Tim,

By "stuck trying to load Android" do you mean one of the Blackberry Mobile devices? In the meantime, let me know if you need any help with your Passport...
    08-05-19 07:24 PM
    Hey Tim,

By "stuck trying to load Android" do you mean one of the Blackberry Mobile devices? In the meantime, let me know if you need any help with your Passport...
    Priv.
    08-05-19 07:31 PM
    Hey Tim,

I mean that if I turn it on, my Priv requests my PIN then Android begins booting up, but seems unable to complete the load.
    Thanks for the offer regarding the Passport. It's funny, I hated it when I first got it, but really came to like the spacious keyboard. The only major adjustment, aside from lack of apps and having lost a bunch of passwords, is that I keep hitting B instead of N when I'm typing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Tim Heard; 08-06-19 at 10:04 AM.
    08-06-19 09:42 AM
    Pulling the battery would drop everything in system memory as well as all fast start presets
    I actually have a replacement battery, but never put it in because the tech I took it too said he was afraid he'd ruin a BlackBerry.
    I found a 7:30 video showing someone removing the battery in which he recommends heating the battery with a flame.
    I'm curious if anyone can recommend other videos that specifically show how to remove a Priv battery?
    I have nerve damage in my hands. One of my daughters isn't afraid off a challenge. I'd like to give her a couple of good videos to review.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-19 09:48 AM
    I actually have a replacement battery, but never put it in because the tech I took it too said he was afraid he'd ruin a BlackBerry.
    I found a 7:30 video showing someone removing the battery in which he recommends heating the battery with a flame.
    I'm curious if anyone can recommend other videos that specifically show how to remove a Priv battery?
    I have nerve damage in my hands. One of my daughters isn't afraid off a challenge. I'd like to give her a couple of good videos to review.

Posted via CB10
    I'd just search youtube.... don't know about a flame, but a heat gun or even a hair dryer should be able to heat the battery and thus the glue enough to allow for easy removal of the battery.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-06-19 09:56 AM