Hello,
    I made the original decision to set my SD card as an extension of my Priv's local drive. However, I think I might prefer it as a portable drive. So I have a couple questions:

1. How do I switch it from extension to portable?
    2. Benefits of each option?
    3. Any thing I need to be aware of if I do make the change?

Thank you!
    07-07-16 04:29 PM
    07-07-16 09:19 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. Very good read.

I now know I want to go back to removable drive.
    Do you know how I can do that? Do I just reformat the SD card and select portable drive, what will happen to my apps.

Thanks
    Andrew

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-11-16 01:49 AM
    With no responses... I made sure all of my media files were backed up. But that still left some folders and files that I didn't recognize. Probably files for the programs there were originally installed on the SD card, or some OS files. I moved all apps back onto the internal drive. One game, which was running slow, was grayed out for a while, but finally started to work after some time. Once everything was working correctly, I decided to perform a "Factory Reset" just because I am anal about "Proper Setup" and order.(That is a personal issue that I am working on.). In this process I realized the down-side to having all these apps on Android...you need to reload all of them. I am still finding settings that need to be reset, like Smart Lock, and other little features, but it was worth it.
    07-19-16 03:20 PM
    of course...I can....you can first move SD card file to your phone...then reset..
    Coyote55 likes this.
    08-05-16 05:25 AM
    of course...I can....you can first move SD card file to your phone...then reset..
    Thanks! I moved the apps back over, and backed up the pics, vids, etc.., but there were some files I didn't recognize. Just needed some confirmation.
    08-08-16 03:23 PM
    I was wondering this. I'm always finding myself running out of space on the device. After reading the info at that link, I'll try to figure out how to get my photos to save to the SD.

I asked for suggestions in another thread a couple weeks ago and got crickets.

I would like to know how to save photos to my SD. It's in there and I'm able to move things to it, but the option isn't available in camera settings.

Attachment 404761

08-08-16 07:22 PM
    In the Camera app, under Settings. You have a "Media Card" option where you can select to save photos and videos to your media card.

Assuming you are on a BlackBerry Priv.
    08-10-16 11:30 AM