I have many. BAR apps in my Z10 but I can't take backup of that all apps....so plz help...I have Snap, YouTube, Clash of Clains, .etc...

Z10 STL100-1 , OS 10.2.1.2941 , Pin: 2B4E77D7
    07-11-14 07:37 AM
    Your apps should be in the AppWorld if they legitimate. Other than that you would already have them backed up when you side loaded them.
    Chintak Mistry likes this.
    07-11-14 08:04 AM
    What he mean is he want to get a copy of app installer for every native app installed in his phone as "backup". I hope he will NEVER will otherwise the app piracy will start be an issue like in symbian. Some developers shun symbian because piracy is a big issues. If app piracy start to hit BlackBerry, this will discourage more developers from develop for BlackBerry. Current issue with BlackBerry shunning native developers and bb10 small users base is already a headache. Adding piracy issue, well imagine yourself.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    07-11-14 12:21 PM
    I've encountered two situations where having native bar files would have been helpful:

1) Needing to remove a current version of an app that doesn't work well and to install the older version of the app that worked before the upgrade. (I'm looking at you, Endomondo)

2) App installed from BBW on my phone. Phone dies and gets warranted, but app has been removed from BBW and is no longer available.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 11:40 PM
    if you have any issue with latest version then you should contact the developers to sort out the issue. This doesn't justify for you to keep the installer.

If the apps is removed from BBW, this mean the developer don't want to distribute the apps anymore reason known to him. You should respect the developers decision. Developers only grant you to have apps installed on your device, not owning the Installer. Apps installer copyright basically still own by developers.

07-12-14 01:12 AM
    if you have any issue with latest version then you should contact the developers to sort out the issue. This doesn't justify for you to keep the installer.

If the apps is removed from BBW, this mean the developer don't want to distribute the apps anymore reason known to him. You should respect the developers decision. Developers only grant you to have apps installed on your device, not owning the Installer. Apps installer copyright basically still own by developers.
    Trying to keep this going in a positive direction and not get snarky.

I'm aware of who owns what. I'm also aware of the whats and wherefores related to a dev pulling an app.

However, if devs want to be viewed as business people and to get paid for their efforts, then they need to understand that a decision to distribute an app carries with it the need to continue support for those that use your product.

Personally, I've spent several hundred dollars on apps. I expect continued support for the apps I've purchased and/or downloaded. If a dev decides to pull an app, or to reduce functionality, s/he still owes me support since I am grandfathered into the service.

Fail to do this and people will become less likely to purchase apps in general. This will hurt the revenue stream of all devs, but the independent devs will be impacted the most.

Support your product, or expect your efforts to fail.

Posted via CB10
    Chintak Mistry, raino and pystha like this.
    07-12-14 12:15 PM
    I agree developers should make effort to maintain the apps if they make it a paid apps. Even free apps should updated if it use any online services and there is a change in API. I personally still maintain same apps for Symbian version after 3 years and even with Nokia give up on Symbian but how long you expect the developers to maintain the apps. Decades or forever. Even when you bought hundreds of dollars phone, the Os will lose support after about 5 years dues to hardware limitations or some carriers doesn't care anymore. I talking about Os possible maintain by hundred of developer while an app could be developed by just one person. One cost $0.99 while devices could cost $200 or more

Last edited by Traxxmy; 07-12-14 at 11:28 PM.
    07-12-14 11:17 PM
    I agree developers should make effort to maintain the apps if they make it a paid apps. Even free apps should updated if it use any online services and there is a change in API. I personally still maintain same apps for Symbian version after 3 years and even with Nokia give up on Symbian but how long you expect the developers to maintain the apps. Decades or forever. Even when you bought hundreds of dollars phone, the Os will lose support after about 5 years dues to hardware limitations or some carriers doesn't care anymore. I talking about Os possible maintain by hundred of developer while an app could be developed by just one person. One cost $0.99 while devices could cost $200 or more
    We're not talking about .99 games. The apps that people use to maintain and organize their lives...apps I've paid as high as $60.00 for...those kinds of apps.

I've received good support from many devs who have decided to stop offering an app in BBW, but I've also received dismal support from more than a few devs.

If you want to stop offering an app to any future customers, that's fine, but you still owe support to your existing customers that are on the same platform.

Support your stuff, or get out of the business.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 01:34 AM
    If you want to stop offering an app to any future customers, that's fine, but you still owe support to your existing customers that are on the same platform.

Posted via CB10
    You are paying for current product, not for future updates. It is compulsory for developers to provide support much like warranty for the apps but developers are not obliged to maintain the apps. Just like you buy products in store. Manufacturer will always improve on existing products but they are not obliged to give the improved products for free. The reason they keep improving the products is to increase sales and for some keep existing customers happy.

07-13-14 02:05 AM
    You are paying for current product, not for future updates. It is compulsory for developers to provide support much like warranty for the apps but developers are not obliged to maintain the apps. Just like you buy products in store. Manufacturer will always improve on existing products but they are not obliged to give the improved products for free. The reason they keep improving the products is to increase sales and for some keep existing customers happy.
    We are talking about products that have been pulled from BBW, or that have been redesigned to remove features that were in the original release; not future updates.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 06:05 AM
    If a developer has the right to strip away features previously included in a paid version and "sell" them as a separate, ad supported app (like the dev(s) for IP Cam Viewer Pro did,) then I as the user have the right to make a back-up copy of the last perfectly working version of the app. Simple as that. It's one big reason I don't do automatic app updates.
    niss63 likes this.
    07-13-14 05:40 PM