I owned some very good Android phones till this month, and thinking to get something different, and it doesn't have to be the newest flashy gadget in the market (I got sick of all this fashion like race for the new), and lately I began to think of the blackberry phones, but all I hear is negativity, and also disrespect for the Blackberry brand, and how old and ****** blackberry phones are.

Still, I'm curious to get into the blackberry world, despite what everyone around me think about it (and about my strange, dangerous, and open way of thinking), so I want to ask few questions before I finally decide:

1- what is it that you could say to encourage someone like me to step in without fear or worries that the blackberry phones and OS is not that much?

2- As I said, I'm not into the new and flashy anymore, but only for what is functional and true and practical, that's why I'm thinking about Blackberry Bold 9900 as a first try, is that a good choice for a first start? If not, what do you suggest with same price?

3- How open and friendly the blackberry platform for developers in your opinion? is it as friendly as android? or not?

4- what do you think is the best blackberry phone ever made till date?

5- You think blackberry will still be around and keep on making devices with all this mess and hard time they are facing?

6- If you got any additional point to convince me, new possible comers, and even haters, can you please share your thoughts?

Thank you
    02-10-15 08:09 AM
    I owned some very good Android phones till this month, and thinking to get something different, and it doesn't have to be the newest flashy gadget in the market (I got sick of all this fashion like race for the new), and lately I began to think of the blackberry phones, but all I hear is negativity, and also disrespect for the Blackberry brand, and how old and ****** blackberry phones are.

Still, I'm curious to get into the blackberry world, despite what everyone around me think about it (and about my strange, dangerous, and open way of thinking), so I want to ask few questions before I finally decide:

1- what is it that you could say to encourage someone like me to step in without fear or worries that the blackberry phones and OS is not that much?

2- As I said, I'm not into the new and flashy anymore, but only for what is functional and true and practical, that's why I'm thinking about Blackberry Bold 9900 as a first try, is that a good choice for a first start? If not, what do you suggest with same price?

3- How open and friendly the blackberry platform for developers in your opinion? is it as friendly as android? or not?

5- You think blackberry will still be around and keep on making devices with all this mess and hard time they are facing?

6- If you got any additional point to convince me, new possible comers, and even haters, can you please share your thoughts?

Thank you
    1) BlackBerry is known for outstanding communication ability, secure intuitive and just works. The call quality and signal strength of the new BlackBerry 10 OS devices are simply top notch. Battery life is outstanding on the latest as well.

2) I would recommend a Z30 if you're into all touch. Go to the Rogers wireless website and read the Z30 reviews and you'll see 5* ratings with glowing reviews, most very honest and objective. If you're into a keyboard touch combo, the BlackBerry Passport is a communication beast and ultimate productivity tool. It's different and holds its own.

3. BlackBerry OS dev is improving and growing. The newest BlackBerry 10 OS devices can run android apps, access amazon store as well as native OS apps as well as Snap to access the pkaystore. With the latest OS, the android runtime is in my opinion on par with native android. BlackBerry has come a long way. It's not a perfect all in house solution, however it will satisfy most migrating from android. Google play services can be implemented via a work-a-round, again not perfect, but it works. The phone is for serious communication with a focus on security. The gestures to navigate the OS, I often find trying to use on iOS and Droid.

4) the best two BlackBerry phones in my opinion to date are the Z30 and Passport.

5) they will always make amazing devices, although geared towards corporate or those with security concerns. They're an end to end solution through hardware, software and services geared towards government, security, and enterprise first. Can consumers buy and use them? You bet :-)

6) welcome to the forums. Search is your best friend :-)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    02-10-15 08:24 AM
    With BBRY, you'll get superb communication, device security, and efficiency. These are the staples of business devices and BBRY puts a lot of effort into those.

Well BBRY has an all-touch device with an awesome virtual keyboard. IMHO, the best virtual keyboard in the market. So, you can definitely go with the Z30. If you must insist on a physical keyboard, go for the Classic, especially since you mentioned the Bold 9900. The Classic is pretty much the new Bold.

BBRY faces a huge issue with developers for two reasons: 1. the user volume isn't there and 2. BBRY enforces the app to allow users to turn off certain permissions. Let's focus on point #2. Apple and Android doesn't allow the user to turn off certain permissions; therefore, the application will get any data they want and you can't do anything about it. Developers love that ability. App permissions is the gift & curse of BBRY app development.

The consensus around CrackBerry is the Z30.

That's yet to be determined.

Many like you come on CrackBerry and ask for "competition vs. BBRY" advice. Truthfully, you're going to get fanboy responses. I try to keep it realistic - state the good and bad with the platform. But my ultimate advice is always, try it for yourself. Don't let anyone influence your purchasing decisions. You know what you want and need. BBRY is not for everyone.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    02-10-15 08:34 AM
    Get a z30. Don't touch anything that's pre BlackBerry 10
    02-10-15 08:37 AM
    With BBRY, you'll get superb communication, device security, and efficiency. These are the staples of business devices and BBRY puts a lot of effort into those.

Well BBRY has an all-touch device with an awesome virtual keyboard. IMHO, the best virtual keyboard in the market. So, you can definitely go with the Z30. If you must insist on a physical keyboard, go for the Classic, especially since you mentioned the Bold 9900. The Classic is pretty much the new Bold.

BBRY faces a huge issue with developers for two reasons: 1. the user volume isn't there and 2. BBRY enforces the app to allow users to turn off certain permissions. Let's focus on point #2. Apple and Android doesn't allow the user to turn off certain permissions; therefore, the application will get any data they want and you can't do anything about it. Developers love that ability. App permissions is the gift & curse of BBRY app development.

The consensus around CrackBerry is the Z30.

That's yet to be determined.

Many like you come on CrackBerry and ask for "competition vs. BBRY" advice. Truthfully, you're going to get fanboy responses. I try to keep it realistic - state the good and bad with the platform. But my ultimate advice is always, try it for yourself. Don't let anyone influence your purchasing decisions. You know what you want and need. BBRY is not for everyone.
    What a silly statement. BlackBerry is for anyone except those with very particular needs. I agree you should try for yourself but don't make it sound like BlackBerry is some sort of mystical creature
    02-10-15 08:39 AM
    BlackBerry is for anyone except those with very particular needs.
    Contradicting statement ^^
    02-10-15 08:49 AM
    Get a z30. Don't touch anything that's pre BlackBerry 10
    Yes, if you get too old a BlackBerry device, coming from Android, you'll certainly be disappointed to some extent if you're app focused. If apps aren't your thing, then there is no issue.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    02-10-15 09:22 AM
    Contradicting statement ^^
    It isn't contradicting, it's like saying everyone (on the guest list) was at the party, except the boss. In other words, a different way of saying "nearly everyone" or "most" or "all but a few".

Language nuances, not a contradicting statement.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    02-10-15 09:26 AM

Thank you
    Hi, all mobile OS's do the same things but in differing ways and they are all good at some things and weaker at others. in my opinion BlackBerry 's strengths are communication and security. No other OS gives you the speed and fluidity of communication that a BlackBerry device does. No other device is as secure. If you want a fantastic camera, buy a Nokia if you want a highly customisable os, go android. Try it, that's my advice.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    02-10-15 09:48 AM
    The BlackBerry Z30 is an amazing device. BlackBerry is also going to announce new highly innovative hardware within March 2015.

You cannot go wrong with the Z30 today nor tomorrow. If you like physical keyboards, the Passport is the best.

Posted by Q5
    02-10-15 04:26 PM
    Hi, all mobile OS's do the same things but in differing ways and they are all good at some things and weaker at others. in my opinion BlackBerry 's strengths are communication and security. No other OS gives you the speed and fluidity of communication that a BlackBerry device does. No other device is as secure. If you want a fantastic camera, buy a Nokia if you want a highly customisable os, go android. Try it, that's my advice.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    BlackBerry's strengths is BB10 OS navigation. That's #1. Better then all. Then comes erything else.

Posted by Q5
    02-10-15 04:28 PM
    I think the z30 would be a good choice, I love my z10 never touched a z30 but it's better then the z10, spec wise, and after the 10.3 update hopefully this month will make the phone even better or should I say the OS better, BlackBerry World really downstairs have a ton of apps but they have the ones you really need, but no netflix until the update for z10 z30 and a few other phones unless you side load it, but the passport has the update already and the classic, but the sweet thing that really doesn't get mentioned too much is the fact that you can hook up your phone to you hdtv via the micro hdmi on the phones, just go out pick up a micro hdmi to hdmi cord and your rocking your TV, hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 07:18 PM
    1) BlackBerry is known for outstanding communication ability, secure intuitive and just works. The call quality and signal strength of the new BlackBerry 10 OS devices are simply top notch. Battery life is outstanding on the latest as well.

2) I would recommend a Z30 if you're into all touch. Go to the Rogers wireless website and read the Z30 reviews and you'll see 5* ratings with glowing reviews, most very honest and objective. If you're into a keyboard touch combo, the BlackBerry Passport is a communication beast and ultimate productivity tool. It's different and holds its own.

3. BlackBerry OS dev is improving and growing. The newest BlackBerry 10 OS devices can run android apps, access amazon store as well as native OS apps as well as Snap to access the pkaystore. With the latest OS, the android runtime is in my opinion on par with native android. BlackBerry has come a long way. It's not a perfect all in house solution, however it will satisfy most migrating from android. Google play services can be implemented via a work-a-round, again not perfect, but it works. The phone is for serious communication with a focus on security. The gestures to navigate the OS, I often find trying to use on iOS and Droid.

4) the best two BlackBerry phones in my opinion to date are the Z30 and Passport.

5) they will always make amazing devices, although geared towards corporate or those with security concerns. They're an end to end solution through hardware, software and services geared towards government, security, and enterprise first. Can consumers buy and use them? You bet :-)

6) welcome to the forums. Search is your best friend :-)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    What he said ++++++++++

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    02-10-15 10:01 PM
    Z30 or passport. Classic if the other 2 don't interest you.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:06 PM