I miss my BlackBerry terribly. Organization took down the BES. My Exchange Server is behind a firewall. On a laptop, I have to use a VPN connection to see the Exchange Server. What can I do?

In the old days, I ran a desktop redirector service, like Seven or an AT&T one. I do have a constantly running Windows 7 Virtual Machine behind the firewall, so I could run something like that easily, but I don't see those services around anymore.

I am not allowed to auto forward my mail, strictly speaking.

But in particular, I need new emails and replies to appear to be coming from my corporate account. And of course I want my BB to have my up to date calendar, etc.

Can I run my own BIS on the VM? Does any provider still offer the corporate email redirector to sync? Will the BB Redirector software do what I need? As best I can tell, the answers to all these are "no" so now I come to the experts.

I can't really bring up my own Windows Server or a dedicated BES box nor do I have control over the corporate Exchange Server.
    12-31-14 07:46 AM
    I miss my BlackBerry terribly. Organization took down the BES. My Exchange Server is behind a firewall. On a laptop, I have to use a VPN connection to see the Exchange Server. What can I do?

In the old days, I ran a desktop redirector service, like Seven or an AT&T one. I do have a constantly running Windows 7 Virtual Machine behind the firewall, so I could run something like that easily, but I don't see those services around anymore.

I am not allowed to auto forward my mail, strictly speaking.

But in particular, I need new emails and replies to appear to be coming from my corporate account. And of course I want my BB to have my up to date calendar, etc.

Can I run my own BIS on the VM? Does any provider still offer the corporate email redirector to sync? Will the BB Redirector software do what I need? As best I can tell, the answers to all these are "no" so now I come to the experts.

I can't really bring up my own Windows Server or a dedicated BES box nor do I have control over the corporate Exchange Server.
    How are the other mobile devices in your organisation accessing email?
    12-31-14 08:00 AM
    We use iPhones enrolled with Xenmobile DeviceManager. On the surface, the tool allows Windows, Symbian, and Android platforms but not entirely sure that will work.
    12-31-14 09:58 AM
    Actually perhaps Hyperoffice will solve my problem. hyperoffice.com Anyone use that to connect his or her blackberry?
    01-01-15 07:10 AM
    Use the same VPN to connect the phone in?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-15 01:42 PM
    Yeah, I could VPN with the phone. I think that would work although when the VPN lost connection I'd lose push. Which BBOS feature Cisco VPN natively?
    01-01-15 05:40 PM
    And for bonus points, which BlackBerry would accept the SIM card from my iPhone 5s (as well as offer native Cisco VPN)?
    01-01-15 06:21 PM
    Shoot can't edit...Verizon iPhone 5s
    01-01-15 06:21 PM
    And for bonus points, which BlackBerry would accept the SIM card from my iPhone 5s (as well as offer native Cisco VPN)?
    Every BlackBerry...on both questions. Passport will accept nano sim, others will as well, but with small adaptor (for a buck or so on ebay or amazon..). Cisco vpn is working on every BlackBerry I tried so far (q10, z10, z30, passport), and I suspect it will on all...

01-01-15 07:59 PM
    To the original poster (op): simplest answer to your question is to talk to your it chaps. Politely. As BlackBerry supports activesync and traveler, as well as everything else regarding email protocols, you should have no issues having this set up.

While every 'smart' organisation will have echange email server hidden behind the firewal, appliance like reverse proxy, sentry or tunnel will be introduced to enable devices from the intrawebs to connect and collect email, calendar, contacts.. finding that device address, port and credentials to log in is what you must obtain.

Option with vpn is viable, so you can always use the same credentials /configuration as you will for your pc...unless you use advanced vpn with certificates and tokens.. gets complicated.

01-01-15 08:06 PM
    I asked my chaps, and they said we only support iPhones as the mobile devices.
    01-03-15 10:53 AM
    I asked my chaps, and they said we only support iPhones as the mobile devices.
    Sorry to hear that... while technically possible, they probably don't want any trouble with anything but 'supported platform'.

01-03-15 09:10 PM