So i have a company BB with BES and i have the posibility to setup other email accounts, such as yahoo, gmail or hotmail.
    It's clear that my IT admin can read the content of my corporative emails, but can he read the content of my gmails for example?
    How much can he see?

Thanks!!
    01-14-15 12:00 AM
    So i have a company BB with BES and i have the posibility to setup other email accounts, such as yahoo, gmail or hotmail.
    It's clear that my IT admin can read the content of my corporative emails, but can he read the content of my gmails for example?
    How much can he see?

Thanks!!
    IT Admins can see the setup of your device, but not the content. So you're good! And yes, IT admins can see your corporate e-mails, but it's not interesting for them to lurk in all your e-mails. I've been there and sometimes it was necessary to do so, but it was against company policy to do it without it a reason and even when I did, I had a non disclosure agreement. It's a gentlemen's agreement among companies and their IT admin's. But seeing Gmail content is out of the question!
    01-14-15 02:48 AM
    Thanks a lot for your answer!
    I was really worried, as i had some "nice" conversations accompanied by pictures.
    i was thinking that the email size would draw IT attention and that they would look inside, but according to you they can't.
    That sounds somehow normal, as i am using just the signal carrier to connect to the internet.
    On my BB i setup the gmail through add email account option , not through enterprise, so my email server being gmail, not the company's server.
    Is there any chance that they can redirect those emails towards other server with my phone settings, or there is just NO WAY that they could do something to see my emails? Maybe by remote access?
    I don't know, just asking...

Thanks again!!
    01-15-15 09:09 PM
    Thanks a lot for your answer!
    I was really worried, as i had some "nice" conversations accompanied by pictures.
    i was thinking that the email size would draw IT attention and that they would look inside, but according to you they can't.
    That sounds somehow normal, as i am using just the signal carrier to connect to the internet.
    On my BB i setup the gmail through add email account option , not through enterprise, so my email server being gmail, not the company's server.
    Is there any chance that they can redirect those emails towards other server with my phone settings, or there is just NO WAY that they could do something to see my emails? Maybe by remote access?
    I don't know, just asking...

Thanks again!!
    They wouldn't be able to see even if you were on company Wifi, so don't worry.

No, they'd have to enter your Gmail and change the settings to forward it. They can't do anything to your Gmail with just admin rights. They'd have to be admin of your Gmail, which they can't be. And also, the only thinngs they can do remotely are BES related. Take out services, wipe your phone etc, but no access to content!

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    01-16-15 12:28 AM
    Ok, now i can relax )

Hey, It's great to have someone to give you the answers you need!
    Thank you!
    01-16-15 08:58 PM
    You're welcome =]

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    01-17-15 02:14 AM