Iwant to use storm series phone to us for email and google drive in 2020 can i use this??
    01-23-21 05:12 PM
    Iwant to use storm series phone to us for email and google drive in 2020 can i use this??
    Storm?

Nothing Google.

Need BlackBerry BIS plan to use email.

Need 3G for data, calls, and SMS. 3G is being shutdown over the next year in the US.
    01-23-21 06:04 PM
    Storm?

Nothing Google.

Need BlackBerry BIS plan to use email.

Need 3G for data, calls, and SMS. 3G is being shutdown over the next year in the US.
    So basically every BBOS device is gonna turn into a fancy alarm clock that can also takes Notes but that you can't even send those notes to yourself via email or another method because nothing connectivity related will work...
    @idssteve is not gonna be happy about this!
    01-23-21 06:35 PM
    So basically every BBOS device is gonna turn into a fancy alarm clock that can also takes Notes but that you can't even send those notes to yourself via email or another method because nothing connectivity related will work...
    Using just WiFi, there were some BIS email solution alternatives but I’m not sure if still available or for how long @Shuswap
    01-23-21 08:23 PM
    Bluetooth should still work, no? And other methods such as SD card?
    01-23-21 08:55 PM
    Yes probably but would you really want to transfer files in and out of an SD card every time?
    01-23-21 09:45 PM
    Idssteve is already NOT happy about this! Lol. Long expected, tho. Actually quite flabbergasted that BIS is still up & running. Agent99 is still doing what she's always done best. Her days are numbered, tho. Already moved to ATT from VZW after VZW started refusing activation of cdma stuff. JUST to keep using 9900! With luck, it's looking like we might be able to claim 9900 enjoyed a decade long run! A tribute to the exquisite masterpiece RIM had developed thru many years of enterprise feedback experience.

Storm 1 is THE device I returned later the same week! An unmitigated tragedy on many levels. Lol.
    01-23-21 10:56 PM
    Careful of older Bluetooth potential vulnerabilities.
    01-23-21 10:58 PM
    Idssteve is already NOT happy about this! Lol. Long expected, tho. Actually quite flabbergasted that BIS is still up & running. Agent99 is still doing what she's always done best. Her days are numbered, tho. Already moved to ATT from VZW after VZW started refusing activation of cdma stuff. JUST to keep using 9900! With luck, it's looking like we might be able to claim 9900 enjoyed a decade long run! A tribute to the exquisite masterpiece RIM had developed thru many years of enterprise feedback experience.

Storm 1 is THE device I returned later the same week! An unmitigated tragedy on many levels. Lol.
    So when AT&T says bye to 3G and BIS, will the LE be the successor to the 9900 and hold the torch as your primary workhorse?
    Because the Classic will have the same problem regarding 3G.
    01-24-21 06:26 AM
    So when AT&T says bye to 3G and BIS, will the LE be the successor to the 9900 and hold the torch as your primary workhorse?
    Because the Classic will have the same problem regarding 3G.
    That's about it. Depending on OM, etc... Not sure how long LE security update situation will prove acceptable. Researching slab as backup for the backup, atp. Especially for banking level stuff...
    01-24-21 09:50 AM
    That's about it. Depending on OM, etc... Not sure how long LE security update situation will prove acceptable. Researching slab as backup for the backup, atp. Especially for banking level stuff...
    Dual carrying a decent slab along with the LE or KEY2 would be what I would do.
    01-24-21 01:55 PM
    Just curious, but which GSM 3G band does the Storm and Storm 2 even have? Everywhere I look all I see is HSDPA 2100, which is Band 1, as best I can tell. I know it was primarily a CDMA device in the US. But there were other variants here and elsewhere.

Would a Storm work on AT&T at all since there is no 2G (Edge) on the network, and no 3G Band 1 support?
    01-24-21 02:16 PM
    Just curious, but which GSM 3G band does the Storm and Storm 2 even have? Everywhere I look all I see is HSDPA 2100, which is Band 1, as best I can tell. I know it was primarily a CDMA device in the US. But there were other variants here and elsewhere.

Would a Storm work on AT&T at all since there is no 2G (Edge) on the network, and no 3G Band 1 support?
    I was always under the impression the Storm was exclusive to VZW like iPhone was exclusive to AT&T back then. Either way, I don’t remember a GSM version.
    01-24-21 02:19 PM

Dunno about Storm2 but wasn't Storm 1 a VZW exclusive? VZW's "iPhone killer" answer to ATT's iPhone exclusive?
    01-24-21 02:22 PM
    I was always under the impression the Storm was exclusive to VZW like iPhone was exclusive to AT&T back then. Either way, I don’t remember a GSM version.
    Lol... Our posts must've overlapped... Lol.
    01-24-21 02:24 PM
    Dual carrying a decent slab along with the LE or KEY2 would be what I would do.
    Same here. Still considering my K2 but... Without "warm phuzzy" security updates, no real need for the ram, etc. I like LE's typing experience slightly better than TheTwo. LE's lighter weight might make it more compatible with dual carry.

Still... I'm yet intrigued by possibilities for PlayBook style "remote link" of 9900 into an android. A couple smart guys I've worked with once succeeded in butchering a couple apps to make 99 function like a KB & mouse on a "rooted" old android... Clunky etc but the concept did work. They're still seeking a spare moment to further refinement. Most of us are seeking spare moments under every shadow... Lol.
    01-24-21 02:25 PM
    Looking more, there were 2 variants of the Storm and Storm2.

For the first one, the 9500 was for Vodafone (GSM only), while the 9530 was for Verizon (with CDMA added).

For the 2, the 9520 was Vodafone again, and the 9550 for Verizon.

I guess if someone wanted either Storm on AT&T, they would have had to get the Vodafone version and only get Edge.
    01-24-21 02:33 PM
    With respect to current 9900 connectivity, you can still sync through Bluetooth and USB to BlackBerry Desktop and Outlook, and of course, wifi still works, as long as you're not trying to log in to some public hotspot. Depending on your carrier and country, you might still have 3G coverage.

I was using mine and bluetooth syncing my calendar, contacts, and memos to Outlook until last fall. The podcast app had stopped working with a lot of feeds so I had a Unison script to sync podcasts from my laptop before I left the house. When I got tired of remembering to do that, I switched. Now the Passport suffers from the same podcast update problem, although not quite to the same extent. Most feeds still work, but the day is coming...

I also scrape a few websites and serve them over port 80 for my old devices.
    01-25-21 09:49 AM