Hi. I would buy unlocked att priv.
    (because cheaper than factory unlocked priv)

but.... I live in outside of U.S.

when I used other ATT android device, I could not update it without att simcard!

blackberry priv is same android device??
    can't ota update without att sim??
    01-15-16 09:04 AM
    There is a way for att unlocked priv... only variant 1 I believe...

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That is correct. Until such time as a local carrier starts carrying and supporting the priv, then you will one of their SIM's.
    01-15-16 11:08 AM
    That is correct. Until such time as a local carrier starts carrying and supporting the priv, then you will one of their SIM's.
    So there are no Sachesi/autoloader-like non-OTA options for the Priv?

(I'm not the OP.)
    01-15-16 11:28 AM
    So there are no Sachesi/autoloader-like non-OTA options for the Priv?

(I'm not the OP.)
    Nope.

Phone requires a "debug token" of some sort in order to get into bootloader mode and install things manually.

Without breaking some kneecaps, we can't do anything about that.
    01-15-16 11:46 AM
    Given that it's Android, with all those apps available from wherever, I'm pretty sure I don't want mine rooted.
    01-15-16 12:49 PM
    Nope.

Phone requires a "debug token" of some sort in order to get into bootloader mode and install things manually.

Without breaking some kneecaps, we can't do anything about that.
    And nothing official yet 'fancy' looking like Desktop Manager that notifies you of updates? I forget if DM ever did that for non-SIM carrier sanctioned updates. Probably not...

Or not even something official as 'advanced' yet 'plain' looking as loader.exe?

Now that I think of it, wasn't there a thread where someone had found an OS for the AT&T Priv (but not the -1 in general?) Does that installation route/OS acquisition avenue not exist anymore?

Sorry to hit you with all these questions, that have probably been answered many times already. I barely follow the Priv.
    Last edited by raino; 01-15-16 at 01:49 PM.
    01-15-16 01:24 PM
    And nothing official yet 'fancy' looking like Desktop Manager that notifies you of updates? I forget if DM ever did that for non-SIM carrier sanctioned updates. Probably not...

Now that I think of it, wasn't there a thread where someone had found an OS for the AT&T Priv (but not the -1 in general?) Does that installation route/OS acquisition avenue not exist anymore?

Sorry to hit you with all these questions. I barely follow the Priv.
    The " found OS" turned out to be BB releasing AAD250 early for a couple of us. BB f***ed up, no secret update route.
    01-15-16 01:40 PM

Sorry to hit you with all these questions, that have probably been answered many times already. I barely follow the Priv.
    So far updates are entirely OTA. The only BlackBerry desktop software for Priv are the support drivers (updated BlackBerry Device Manager, anyway) so that your computer can see the device.

One can get the OTA update URLs like any other Android phone (sniff your system/network logs), but we would have to boot into bootloader mode in order to load it with ADB. I tried that, but it would always fail and boot into normal mode instead. Checking the log is how I figured out that debug token thing.

As for that one found OS, that was the closest equivalent to a good old autoloader; a factory image for OS version AAC826 for some flavor of the STV100-1. Two problems, though. One, the method for loading the image requires either an insecure device (i.e. internal) or a secure device with a debug token (again, internal) loaded. Second, the actual factory images have to come directly from BlackBerry, since there's no debricking with desktop software like there was before.
    01-15-16 02:07 PM
    @thurask, thank you for the excellent reply.
    01-15-16 05:36 PM
    How can we get our debug tokens and install beta updates. And any idea about when is the Workaround coming for att unlocked phones.

08-30-16 11:13 PM
    There is a way for att unlocked priv... only variant 1 I believe...

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

pkcable likes this.
    08-31-16 12:58 PM