I keep getting ad notifications on BBM. They show up like they are a message from a friend, but are actually from a bot called"BBM Channel". I tried subscribing to the ad free option, but I keep getting these annoying notifications.

The latest message starts "save? spend? invest?"
    05-30-18 05:51 PM
    Open a message from it, tap on the name at the top, then uncheck the show 'channel activity in feed' and 'recieve broadcast messages' boxes. You should also go to Channels, find the BBM Channel and leave it.
    05-30-18 11:33 PM
    Open a message from it, tap on the name at the top, then uncheck the show 'channel activity in feed' and 'recieve broadcast messages' boxes. You should also go to Channels, find the BBM Channel and leave it.
    Thanks! That should work.

I got confused originally when looking through my list of channels, because the articles in BBM Channel didn't match the messages I was receiving. I had assumed it must be unrelated. It sounds like it is actually just using a different method to push those notifications.

I really think it should be made really obvious in broadcast messages how to unsubscribe. Arguably Canadian anti spam law requires it.

I'd also tried clicking on the three dot menu (more obvious than the image in my opinion) and selecting something like: leave chat. That sounded like a really promising option, but didn't work.
    05-31-18 06:21 AM
    Unfortunately this didn't actually work. I can leave the channel, but after a while I get another notification. When I check my list of channels, I see I'm subscribed again. I've done this a couple times now. It appears BlackBerry is forcing this channel on me.
    06-15-18 06:06 PM
    Unfortunately this didn't actually work. I can leave the channel, but after a while I get another notification. When I check my list of channels, I see I'm subscribed again. I've done this a couple times now. It appears BlackBerry is forcing this channel on me.
    Once the Machines have you located, identified and connected, there’s no escaping and free will is only in your imagination. Resistance is futile.
    06-15-18 06:21 PM