Hi. Good to see this is still going!

I had to give up waiting for Onward Mobility to get it's finger out, as my BB10 and earlier types were getting too slow to use and being rejected by many web sites. Had I known there was a Titan Pocket coming earlier, I might be better off, but I forked out for a Planet Cosmo Communicator, which is proving to be rather a pain to use compared with years of nicely organised BBs.

I've not used Android phones before so I don't know what apps/functions on it are part of the operating system, and what is Google 'bait' set to steal my data, and what is part of the phone that can be reliably contained on the phone and not whisked off into Google's cloud.

I have several email addresses, and I was hoping to just keep them in a self contained client on the phone, like the Hub. The standard mail app on here only seems to let me put one address in, but I don't want Google to have access to any account other than the one I use for Google itself, so I've been handicapped to one address so far. A shame there isn't a Thunderbird app to go with the Firefox one: that would be good.

But it struck me that someone might have found a way to use a BB Hub on their Android versions of BBs. Is that the case? And, if so, is it possible to put a Hub on other Android phones too? That would certainly improve this clunky, expensive, junk, I'm having to use till the Pocket arrives!

Many thanks for any suggestions, or maybe alternative mail apps that are secure and as versatile as the Hub.
    06-23-21 03:30 PM
    Hi. Good to see this is still going!

I had to give up waiting for Onward Mobility to get it's finger out, as my BB10 and earlier types were getting too slow to use and being rejected by many web sites. Had I known there was a Titan Pocket coming earlier, I might be better off, but I forked out for a Planet Cosmo Communicator, which is proving to be rather a pain to use compared with years of nicely organised BBs.

I've not used Android phones before so I don't know what apps/functions on it are part of the operating system, and what is Google 'bait' set to steal my data, and what is part of the phone that can be reliably contained on the phone and not whisked off into Google's cloud.

I have several email addresses, and I was hoping to just keep them in a self contained client on the phone, like the Hub. The standard mail app on here only seems to let me put one address in, but I don't want Google to have access to any account other than the one I use for Google itself, so I've been handicapped to one address so far. A shame there isn't a Thunderbird app to go with the Firefox one: that would be good.

But it struck me that someone might have found a way to use a BB Hub on their Android versions of BBs. Is that the case? And, if so, is it possible tp put a Hub on other Android phones too? That would certainly improve this clunky, expensive, junk, I'm having to use till the Pocket arrives!

Many thanks for any suggestions, or maybe alternative mail apps that are secure and as versatile as the Hub.
    Use Spark Email.

The HUB can be installed, but it was essentially abandoned by BlackBerry developers a couple of years ago and doesn't support modern security protocols.
    06-23-21 03:37 PM
    ...is it possible to put a Hub on other Android phones too?...
    Hub still works great for me on my Samsung A21.
    Rico4you and Paulelmar18 like this.
    06-23-21 03:45 PM
    Many thanks Conite. Do you have a link to download the apk for the Hub? I haven't noticed any problems with security so far. There has been an upswing in phishing mails, and it would be useful to be able to see more of the sender details at a glance to reduce chances of opening by mistake, but I've been lucky so far I think... I did discover today, that someone had spoofed my own name to a hidden address, that came up when I went to mail myself. I was quite lucky to notice that, as I had assumed the suggestions werecoming from my contacts, and did not know recent addresses included ones that had been deleted unseen!
    06-23-21 04:58 PM
    Where did you download it from spARTacus?
    06-23-21 05:01 PM
    I'll have a look at Spark too. Do you know if it asks for permissions to use our data? I find so many apps that seem far too intrusive. :/ zthanks to you both for your veryquick replies! (y)
    06-23-21 05:08 PM
    Many thanks Conite. Do you have a link to download the apk for the Hub?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US
    spARTacus likes this.
    06-23-21 05:50 PM
    It's available in Google Play Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infrastructure
    spARTacus likes this.
    06-23-21 05:50 PM
    I'll have a look at Spark too. Do you know if it asks for permissions to use our data? I find so many apps that seem far too intrusive. :/ zthanks to you both for your veryquick replies! (y)
    If you use multifactor authentication with your email providers, Spark won't even get your account passwords - unlike the BlackBerry HUB which requires unfettered access to your accounts.
    06-23-21 07:16 PM
    Hub still works great for me on my Samsung A21.
    Same here. Using HUB on KEY2, PRIV and my brother uses it on his Pixel 4a. Works great.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    06-24-21 01:59 AM
    If downloading on an android, BlackBerry Hub is available in Playstore.
    06-24-21 08:21 AM
    @Spamlet

Had most of the whole Hub Suite on a Galaxy S8, then an S9, and now on an S20 FE. Also had it on an Amazon Fire Tablet HD8.

I was using Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager to get the apps, but once it lost the ability to check in with the Play Store (apparently an issue just with me for some reason), I deleted all that and ended up getting it directly from the Play Store. It's a paid subscription after the first month, but it is how you are supposed to get it.
    06-24-21 09:16 AM
    If downloading on an android, BlackBerry Hub is available in Playstore.
    One thing to keep in mind, right now Hub isn't working on Android 12 Beta. So unless the Hub and Hub Services get updated when the new Android version 12 is released to the public it might be dead in the water.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-24-21 03:08 PM
    One thing to keep in mind, right now Hub isn't working on Android 12 Beta. So unless the Hub and Hub Services get updated when the new Android version 12 is released to the public it might be dead in the water.
    Lots of phones and tablets will also never get updated to Android12.
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-24-21 04:41 PM
    Lots of phones and tablets will also never get updated to Android12.
    And probably don't have Hub installed. Those that do are definitely in the minority of Android devices.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 06-24-21 at 06:34 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-24-21 05:21 PM