I finally took the plunge and bought a Blackberry Classic. I am a conservative lover of the original BB genre. I was told the migration would be a breeze...but it was a disaster. It took many goes using link to supposedly transfer "most things" from the 9900 to the Classic. All that came through was my BBM contacts. Zip all else. All my BBM messages gone. All my email accounts gone. No Whatsapp and naturally all of those associated messages. Oh I got my SMS messages.
    So what I want to do is switch off the Classic and sell it used, get another new larger SIM (just replaced for a nano) and put it back into my Bold. Will my bold work again if I do this? Will everything be there? I did a backup with the old Desktop Software so I guess I can restore that but will the BIS account go back to the old BB?
    04-23-15 10:33 AM
    I'm no expert, but did you try the "device switch" app and option in BB Link?

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with the transfer. I just had to transfer my data from a z10 to a z30 and well it sure did cost me some nerves! Super annoying and time consuming...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 11:22 AM
    whatsapp does not store messages and will start from blank once switched, also the app needs to be installed for it to be working. Other issues with xfering all your data have not seen that as a problem when using BBLink or even BB protect to move over contacts and what not. but i guess everyone does have random issues at times.Third if you truly want to go back to 9900 it will work as long as you change your data plan back to BIS and get the proper sim card.
    04-23-15 11:30 AM
    Whatsapp is backing up messages regularly, at least it was backing up my messages on the z10 and now on the z30 (whatsapp -> settings -> media settings)
    after I installed the app I recived a pop-up asking me if I'd like to restore my messages out of the back-up.
    04-23-15 12:03 PM
    Whatsapp is backing up messages regularly, at least it was backing up my messages on the z10 and now on the z30 (whatsapp -> settings -> media settings)
    after I installed the app I recived a pop-up asking me if I'd like to restore my messages out of the back-up.
    going between bb10 to bb10 they have the same extension files but between legacy and bb10 its not the same.
    04-23-15 12:07 PM
    I got the pop up while surviving on my old Nokia e72 for a few days. Backed up on z10, downloaded it on my Nokia and then I got the pop up.
    Might have been lucky, but there should be whatsapp back-ups on the whatsapp servers.

Can't you just go back to your old bold and restore from the back up you made in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:30 PM
    Original poster, have you tried using BlackBerry protect to restore data from your bold to your new classic?
    04-23-15 01:45 PM