Hi, I know this is a site for Blackberry but I have an iPhone unlocking question. Please, can anyone give me a reputable site that can unlock my iPhone 5 which is tied to Sprint.
    I already asked them directly but because I had been late in paying my bill during my contract, they refused.
    I'm now living in a different country with a (useless) phone that I cannot use.
    Can anybody offer me any assistance please?
    02-18-15 04:07 PM
    Which country are you currently in?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    02-18-15 04:11 PM
    You did finish your contract or pay termination fees, right?
    02-18-15 04:18 PM
    I am now living in UK. I didn't finish the contract, I had it for 17 months out of the 24 months as an add-on on my boyfriends contract which he had before and still has.
    02-18-15 04:25 PM
    Hi, I know this is a site for Blackberry but I have an iPhone unlocking question. Please, can anyone give me a reputable site that can unlock my iPhone 5 which is tied to Sprint.
    I already asked them directly but because I had been late in paying my bill during my contract, they refused.
    I'm now living in a different country with a (useless) phone that I cannot use.
    Can anybody offer me any assistance please?
    IIRC the carrier must now unlock your phone after X amount of days by law in the US. If someone can correct me I'd appreciate for my knowledge also. I don't believe they can say 'no' because you were late on paying your bill. Here's a few suggestions if you haven't tried them already:

- Escalate to a manager if you spoke to customer service only. No knock to CS reps but they only do what they're instructed to do. The manager has more flexibility. If that doesn't work keep escalating
    - Write a letter to Sprint directly through their site and see if they will resolve it
    - Tweet! Open a Twitter account if you don't have one and send a message to the official Sprint account. Go on their Facebook page and do the same. No company wants bad comments about them on their own social media page

Make sure you get names of all the people you spoke with at each step so you can show Sprint how many people you spoke with to get something like this resolved.

Corporations get away with so much because most people don't complain loud and wide. Majority of customers stop at the first few steps. Businesses count on this. If you know you're right go for it! You are their customer and they better remember that. If they don't...remind them.
    02-18-15 07:19 PM
    02-19-15 03:11 AM
    Thanks guys
    02-19-15 07:30 AM
    Jen, I don't think Sprint iPhones can be unlocked: How to Unlock Your Phone on Every Carrier (New 2015 Guide) | Digital Trends

However, there is a huge caveat with Sprint: its iPhones cannot be unlocked. According to Sprint, “Sprint-branded iPhones have been manufactured in a way that prevents them from being unlocked to allow the device to activate on a different carrier’s network in the United States.”
    The quote seems to suggest that Sprint iPhones cannot be unlocked for domestic use, whereas the DT text seems to be saying that Sprint iPhones cannot be unlocked, period.
    02-19-15 12:50 PM
    Sprint is CDMA... so that part cannot be unlocked. Is there any GSM bands in that phone? Not sure... but if it does, that part can probably be unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:56 PM
    Even though we are much busier than our sister sites, this question should be asked over at iMore.
    02-19-15 01:05 PM