I backed up my z30 yesterday because I wanted to wipe it. After wiping yesterday, I restored only "Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar" and it restored successfully.

This morning I tried restoring the Media and got the following error: "Verify that your device is turned on and connected to Blackberry Link and try again". However no matter how much I try, I get the same error.

I wiped my phone again thinking that would solve the issue but it didn't.

In trying isolate the problem, I tried restoring a backup from 3 months ago and it was successful, leading me to think there is a problem with the recent backup file.

So I selected the "Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar" restore option on the backup from yesterday and it was also successful. However no other option or combination of options will restore the backup.

EDIT - I have restored the Application Data as well, however I still cannot restore the Media Data and that is data I need to restore.

So I am wondering if anyone has had this same issue and what was the resolution if any.

I am open to buying application that may help as I really need the files in the backup.

Thanks
    Last edited by sam8250; 01-20-15 at 08:46 AM.
    01-20-15 05:00 AM
    can't you just plug it in and use it as a usb drive to restore? Link is painfully slow when restoring anything.

And why not put your media on a media card instead of the phone to begin with then you won't have this issue.
    01-20-15 08:59 AM
    I had a similar restore problem before.... couldn't find an answer at that time or anyway to access the backup file - was told it is encrypted for security purposes. It is a very tough lesson to learn.

For me...

- Contacts, Email, Calendar and Task are all SYNCED (backed up) to the cloud via both my work account using Google Business and personal account Outlook.com.

- Documents - Use OneDrive to sync this data, and I also use LINK from time to time to also SYNC my DATA.

-Documents - Always save data to my SD Card, as it doesn't get wiped (and it isn't encrypted - as this would be affected by a wipe).

-Games - I only play games that sync with my Facebook account to save progress.
    01-20-15 09:27 AM
    Guys I really need your help urgently!

Im using a red passport with all the latest software...

I backed up my device yesterday..
    Did a security wipe... phone restarted.. i entered everything correctly

Then the problem came when im trying to restore.
    Link found my back up but it shows an error with no chance to restore cause it says my bbid associated with this backup doesnt match the bbid on my device.. its the same device im using with same bbid...

Im lost now.. please help.. im losing sleep over this..!

Thank you very much
    03-10-16 09:32 AM
    Sorry when I posted this. I was using a browser. Please close as I have started a new thread in the passport section. Sorry once again

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 10:24 AM