Hello all,

I have recently discovered the Blackberry Passport and am extremely excited about the opportunities it allows on a mobile device. I have never had a Blackberry, nor used the old or the new BB10 OS or had anyone I know use one so I am coming quite fresh. I have spent the last couple weeks looking up information and understanding the work flow within the OS and even have been trying to find a work flow within the BlackBerry OS simulator and overall I have come to love it.

However throughout this I have had a few questions that I have been unable to answer and I am hoping that you all can help me so I can be sure that I won't lose anything that I require from my Sony Xperia Z1 with Android 4.4.

• Is there native IRC and XMPP/Jabber clients. I have found Tin Can IRC, can anyone tell me how well it works? I have not been able to find a XMPP/Jabber client.
    • Is there a native SSH client that supports the Passport keyboard so that I have access to the ALT keys and other special keys extremely easily? I do a large amount of remote work.
    • I don't have many specific Android apps that I use - but DOSBox Turbo is one of them, does anyone know if there are issues with this app? As well as more 'demanding' games such as Knights of the Old Republic - does the VM have anything that makes it inherently unable to play it other than the Google Play Service issues?
    • I am on WIND Mobile in Canada - they use the AWS 1700/2100 band, there should be no issue with the SQW-100-1 model available on Amazon.ca?

----

So I asked a bit elsewhere and got some answers and bit the bullet and bam - I am a new owner of a Passport that is coming in the mail. For future reference here is what I found out:

• Hg10 can be used as an XMPP/Jabber client.
    • BSSH Pro can be used as a Terminal Emulator/SSH/Telnet client.
    • Tin Can IRC can be used as an IRC client
    • The SQW-100-1 works with WIND Mobile.
    Last edited by ceearrbee; 02-04-15 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Some answers!
    02-03-15 12:56 PM
    To your last question, the SQW100-1 should work just fine on WIND.
    02-03-15 08:18 PM
    I have the sqw100-1. Bought it unlocked from BlackBerry

I use it for bell canada and recently bought the wind unlimited usa and canada monthly pack for my vacation to florida.

I'm using it right now in florida. Works great on wind and att and I've had tmobile pop up on here too

All good

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 01:46 PM