I've been using the BB Classic for over a year now. A number of apps that I use require the Android Runtime, and they tend to be a bit slow. If I get a Passport, can I expect apps (in general, Android-based or not) to be more responsive than on the Classic?
    10-17-16 10:48 AM
    To a degree... yes it is a faster processor and more memory.
    To a degree... yes it is a faster processor and more memory.
    10-17-16 11:26 AM
    Yes - I have both. The silver edition passport is faster and the battery lasts longer too.
    10-17-16 12:14 PM
    Yes - I have both. The silver edition passport is faster and the battery lasts longer too.
    Knowing that the passport is really good, is the classic pretty good? Because I have been considering this phone because The classic is more in my price range.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-17-16 12:39 PM
    Knowing that the passport is really good, is the classic pretty good? Because I have been considering this phone because The classic is more in my price range.

That's a tough thing to answer.... it's a two year old phone, with four year old hardware running an OS that has pretty much been out of development for over 18 Months and relies on an Android Runtime that is over three years old (4.3).

If you are looking for the basics.... phone, email, text - The Classic is still a great option. If you want apps, then it's current and future prospects are where things get questionable.

But between the Passport and the Classic, It's not a huge difference. Many users have switched back because of the size of the Passport.
    10-17-16 01:09 PM
    That's a tough thing to answer.... it's a two year old phone, with four year old hardware running an OS that has pretty much been out of development for over 18 Months and relies on an Android Runtime that is over three years old (4.3).

If you are looking for the basics.... phone, email, text - The Classic is still a great option. If you want apps, then it's current and future prospects are where things get questionable.

But between the Passport and the Classic, It's not a huge difference. Many users have switched back because of the size of the Passport.
    Alright, thanks for your reply! Very well said!

10-17-16 01:13 PM
    Classic has smaller screen than Passport, but Passport has no toolbelt. I comfortably use the Classic for anything including videos, sometimes posts sound misleading to me as if the Classic cant do all that a Passport does which is simply not true.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-17-16 03:50 PM