I am, again, experiencing serious problems with the Hub+ inbox on my BB Key 2. Emails sent to my email account are not appearing in the Inbox and emails I prepare with the inbox are not being sent. Occasionally, emails come in but not all and completely haphazardly. Also battery drain is crazy, barely a few hours with minimal use.

I have had this before and solved it only with a factory reset. I would like to avoid that if possible.

is it possible (and will it help) to delete hub+ email and re-install it? is that the same as "disabling" in Settings/Apps and notifications/inbox?

If it is worth doing this, is it also necessary to do the same to the rest of the Hub + suite?

Phone details: Key2, build ACM438, Hub 2.1910.0.17462.

Noting comments from other posts: developer is off, Google is disabled (none of which made any difference). Also I have confirmed all of my email account credentials/server details are correct. I also run Outlook mobile on other accounts alongside Hub+ and it is working perfectly. I have done this for ages. Outlook also works on the accounts presently in Hub + inbox, so there is nothing wrong with them. The above problems just started happening about two weeks or so ago, possibly a short while after the update to ACM438.

many thanks
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-01-20 01:45 PM
    I am, again, experiencing serious problems with the Hub+ inbox on my BB Key 2. Emails sent to my email account are not appearing in the Inbox and emails I prepare with the inbox are not being sent. Occasionally, emails come in but not all and completely haphazardly. Also battery drain is crazy, barely a few hours with minimal use.

I have had this before and solved it only with a factory reset. I would like to avoid that if possible.

is it possible (and will it help) to delete hub+ email and re-install it? is that the same as "disabling" in Settings/Apps and notifications/inbox?

If it is worth doing this, is it also necessary to do the same to the rest of the Hub + suite?

Phone details: Key2, build ACM438, Hub 2.1910.0.17462.

Noting comments from other posts: developer is off, Google is disabled (none of which made any difference). Also I have confirmed all of my email account credentials/server details are correct. I also run Outlook mobile on other accounts alongside Hub+ and it is working perfectly. I have done this for ages. Outlook also works on the accounts presently in Hub + inbox, so there is nothing wrong with them. The above problems just started happening about two weeks or so ago, possibly a short while after the update to ACM438.

many thanks
    The only thing you can do with the HUB shy of a factory reset is to disable both HUB+ Services and Inbox apps, and then re-updating them.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-01-20 03:14 PM
    Many thanks Conite –

The delete and reinstall did not work. I therefore need to do the factory reset but seem unable to do so – the device is fully charged and has the power cable in. To do the factory reset I press the up or down key plus the power key until the reset options appear. However, I just keep getting the “BlackBerry boot loader menu” rather than system recovery (giving the factory reset option) – the former gives only four options (display barcodes, bootup device, reboot into fastboot, turn off the device). It also gives the option to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to force reset but that just takes me back to where I am now.

I have looked everywhere for a solution. Is there another way to get to system recovery?
    05-03-20 10:26 AM
    Many thanks Conite –

The delete and reinstall did not work. I therefore need to do the factory reset but seem unable to do so – the device is fully charged and has the power cable in. To do the factory reset I press the up or down key plus the power key until the reset options appear. However, I just keep getting the “BlackBerry boot loader menu” rather than system recovery (giving the factory reset option) – the former gives only four options (display barcodes, bootup device, reboot into fastboot, turn off the device). It also gives the option to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to force reset but that just takes me back to where I am now.

I have looked everywhere for a solution. Is there another way to get to system recovery?
    Factory reset is accessed through device settings.
    05-03-20 11:45 AM
    Thanks again. I tried the reset through settings. Everything went well and Inbox was set up with my main email account in the usual way, loading all current emails for that account - but then stopped - no more emails were received and when I try to send test messages (which are in fact sent - they appear on my desktop, along with other received messages) they do not show in Inbox as sent. Even more peculiar, they show for a short while as sent (and received - they are test messages to me) and then disappear.

When I mentioned a hard reset I had in mind a rest made via the volume and power keys - see (among many examples on the internet) https://www.getdroidpro.com/blackberry-key2-hard-reset/ .

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

as mentioned above, I cannot get to the system recovery page.
    05-03-20 07:15 PM
    Thanks again. I tried the reset through settings. Everything went well and Inbox was set up with my main email account in the usual way, loading all current emails for that account - but then stopped - no more emails were received and when I try to send test messages (which are in fact sent - they appear on my desktop, along with other received messages) they do not show in Inbox as sent. Even more peculiar, they show for a short while as sent (and received - they are test messages to me) and then disappear.

When I mentioned a hard reset I had in mind a rest made via the volume and power keys - see (among many examples on the internet) https://www.getdroidpro.com/blackberry-key2-hard-reset/ .

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

as mentioned above, I cannot get to the system recovery page.
    Sent SMS do not show up in the HUB.

Use a 5 minute sync interval for email. Also, select "help receive email quicker".
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-04-20 07:33 AM