I recently got the Key2 LE. I didn't realize that any photos that I save from texts and emails are being saved to Google Photos. Can I change the default location to be saved on my SD card? I admit that I only know enough about tech to be dangerous and don't want to chance losing my photos. I really don't want to use Google as storage for my photos.
    12-14-19 04:15 PM
    I recently got the Key2 LE. I didn't realize that any photos that I save from texts and emails are being saved to Google Photos. Can I change the default location to be saved on my SD card? I admit that I only know enough about tech to be dangerous and don't want to chance losing my photos. I really don't want to use Google as storage for my photos.
    Open camera and tap on the settings gear then enable save images and videos to media card. If you don't want Google Photos then you will have to disable it and install an app such as Piktures to view your photos.
    12-14-19 06:48 PM
    Your photos aren't being saved to Google Photos per se - they are being saved to device storage. Different apps allow for different save location functionality - so it depends on which ones you are using.

Google Photos is just a picture viewer that can also double as a cloud sync. Enable or disable that feature according to your preference, but you should keep it active in case you ever lose or break your phone.
    Last edited by conite; 12-15-19 at 09:45 AM.
    12-15-19 12:42 AM
    Your photos aren't being saved to Google Photos per se - they are being saved to device storage.
    Yes they are being automatically saved to your Google account if you enable the option to back them up
    12-15-19 05:19 PM
    Yes they are being automatically saved to your Google account if you enable the option to back them up
    That's what I said, yes.
    12-15-19 05:57 PM