On BBOS there was method of configuring your app to use either WiFi or GSM for communications. I'm using KeyOne and when I jump i my car it connects to my dash cam via WiFi. The WiFi provided by the dash cam is to allow me to download video or configure the device, but the dash cam does not have WAN connectivity at all, since it has no SIM card.

My problem is that when connected to the dash cam, BBM determines that it should use WiFi communications but since the dash cam WiFi is effectively disconnected from the internet, my BBM is effectively disconnected from the Internet. If I send a BBM message it will sit waiting for an internet connection on the WiFi that will never come, rather than using the 4G connection of the phone.

On BBOS you could add a command option to force connection via either of WiFi or GSM/3G/4G etc. IS there any way for me to do this on BBM on my KeyOne?

I want to be connected to my dash cam but I need to be connected to my BBM as well. I want it all!!
    11-20-18 10:39 AM
    IS there any way for me to do this on BBM on my KeyOne?
    Not that I'm aware of, but how often are you really connecting to the dash cam that you need to have it saved as a connection anyway?Just forget the network and only use it when you need to.
    11-20-18 12:08 PM