BBY OS 10 seems to be permanently mapped to drive Y (sd) and drive Z (flash) when connected to my computer by USB cable. Can I change the mapping? My backup external drive is already mapped to drive Z and I really don't want to have to change it (and all the associated settings), just because I got a new phone :-)
    02-05-15 08:24 AM
    Should be possible, yes

And if Z is already mapped, BlackBerry won't take it.
    Couple days ago my PC wasn't releasing mappings for SD card. So I had Z, Y, and X all mapped to SD card, plugged in and BlackBerry took W and V.
    But Disk Management handles mappings, and they should stick across recomnections

Credit to Wu wei

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-05-15 09:07 AM
    That's true, if my external drive is connected, BBY will choose another drive. However, the problem occurs when the external drive is disconnected. Then, BBY takes over the Y and Z drives, and my computer re-maps my back-up links to a new drive letter. Very messy, alarming, confusing, time-consuming, etc. The solution for me is to re-map the BBY to a different static drive letter but I haven't found a way to do that. Thanks for any suggestions. BTW, if I must, I can accommodate this new reality, but it's rather troublesome to have to yield to a proprietary device.
    02-05-15 09:34 AM
    Right-click on Computer in Start Menu, select Manage.

Second node in left panel is Storage, with one suboption: Disk Management. With your BlackBerry connected, remap to X and Y, or whatever suits your mapping needs. Those settings should persist across future connections.
    Uzi likes this.
    02-05-15 10:24 AM
    OK, I just tried this for myself. No dice.

The BlackBerry drives don't show up on Disk Management. They are instead managed through BlackBerry Device Manager.

I found this thread as well: How can I change the BlackBerry Link Network Drive... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Uzi likes this.
    02-05-15 11:05 AM
    Thanks for finding that link. It was an interesting read and somewhat satisfying that people way smarter than I am have also scratched their heads over Blackberry's mapping system. But basically it confirms my experience that, if I plan to connect BBY and computer with USB cable, I'd better make sure my other drives are already connected. Eventually I suspect I'll have to surrender drives X, Y and Z to Blackberry and re-index my external back-up drive. Ugh.
    02-06-15 08:58 AM