I may become hated for my question but right now, this isn't about just me but every user who thinks, because the prices are so cheap for applications, it doesn't warrant bringing the offender through the courts.

But imagine, you got an application for free, you like it and your then given the choice of buying bits or buy the whole package, then you find yourself buying another piece which you have already paid for.
    Some of the items send a message of proof and others you still pay for.

You then give the developer all the proof that they need to correct the fault but they reply, with the feeling that, they'll give you an answer but have not read the whole request that you sent, brought by the answers you received.

Are they not viable to face a judge, in a trade dispute.

jtvberry
    06-15-14 12:39 AM
    I have a list of developers who feel it is easy to ignore their customers.

I darn't say what I'd like to do if we met face to face, I am that mad.

jtvberry
    06-15-14 12:45 AM
    I may become hated for my question but right now, this isn't about just me but every user who thinks, because the prices are so cheap for applications, it doesn't warrant bringing the offender through the courts.

But imagine, you got an application for free, you like it and your then given the choice of buying bits or buy the whole package, then you find yourself buying another piece which you have already paid for.
    Some of the items send a message of proof and others you still pay for.

You then give the developer all the proof that they need to correct the fault but they reply, with the feeling that, they'll give you an answer but have not read the whole request that you sent, brought by the answers you received.

Are they not viable to face a judge, in a trade dispute.

jtvberry
    If you were duped. Yes, U can brought it to court.
    But if it's because of a request not filled by the developer. Nope, you have no case.

As you mentioned, it's a request.

Posted via my Astro Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-15-14 12:47 AM
    I hear ya. There's one dev in particular that I will no longer support. I'm not angry, but I was clearly mislead by statements that they made. I spent money and received nothing for it. It's unfortunate, but I'll just chalk it up to a life lesson. There are plenty of great developers out there who I happily support. Sometimes I buy their apps even if I don't necessarily think I'll use them... But yeah, when a dev is shady, and clearly doesn't do legit business, it's frustrating as all hell.
    06-15-14 12:54 AM
    The issue is the developers don't hold the money, or handle the purchasing agreement. That is all done by blackberry. So you would have to go after them

With that said though - every purchase receipt from BlackBerry has a link for getting refunds at the bottom of the email. Shouldn't be too much of a pain to get the cash back. Although if you do a carrier purchase - your stuck calling in.

It isn't a good solution by any means but I'd request a refund if I felt it was warranted and the dev wasn't replying. With that said - you can take anyone to court. You just might not win and / or be charged if your in Canada (depending on how the judge feels). In small claims court I think you'd be fine assuming there is no minimum though!

Posted via CB from my LE
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-15-14 01:08 AM
    I have had some joyful conversation with many developers, who are very helpful to make their applications the best, dear KermEd, though you were hard to find for security reasons, you are definitely one of the best and I recommend your advice and direction to all.

In trying to keep correspondence any amicable, I do try to contact the owner and have the patience to wait for a fix.
    I am very happy to do this for BlackBerry, as I have no intention of using any other device to the end of time, but as you may know, there are some DERVS who, duck tape and rope wouldn't go a miss and flying around the world to police this would be an honour to accomplish.

With that said, I will take the other the option of a refund, acknowledging that the derv has no intention of upgrading the app for customer use.

jtvberry
    KermEd likes this.
    06-15-14 09:09 AM
    I have had some joyful conversation with many developers, who are very helpful to make their applications the best, dear KermEd, though you were hard to find for security reasons, you are definitely one of the best and I recommend your advice and direction to all.

In trying to keep correspondence any amicable, I do try to contact the owner and have the patience to wait for a fix.
    I am very happy to do this for BlackBerry, as I have no intention of using any other device to the end of time, but as you may know, there are some DERVS who, duck tape and rope wouldn't go a miss and flying around the world to police this would be an honour to accomplish.

With that said, I will take the other the option of a refund, acknowledging that the derv has no intention of upgrading the app for customer use.

jtvberry
    Absolutely. Refunds are annoying for BlackBerry and I think if enough are requested for an app... they might just look closer at that individual. you can also just reply to the BlackBerry purchase email and request a refund - but I've had problems with that before...

I wish the other developers would step up the game sometimes. I recently bought Sudoku epic - had some issues. The dev replied the same day and patched it a short while later. I love the folks who care

What we need is some kind of transparent way to show issues logged against apps and if the developers are working on them... but that kind of thing should be part of appworld. maybe one day?

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-15-14 02:44 PM
    Go to blackberry world and look for "call blocker"

You think these apps will block certain calls or contacts. The app blocks "all calls or none"

Good way of misleading customers.

They claim bb10 can't block calls as an excuse.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    06-15-14 08:30 PM
    As much as I love my BlackBerry OS10, it seems the lost BB made with PlayBook, is quickly beginning to grow on my OS10.

There are two subjects which seems to be the rage right now in CrackBerry and that is to do with "Contacts Folder and just as bad Use of Android App.

I am beginning to taste first blood in the air, and that just isn't right.

jtvberry
    06-16-14 04:39 AM
    Go to blackberry world and look for "call blocker"

You think these apps will block certain calls or contacts. The app blocks "all calls or none"

Good way of misleading customers.

They claim bb10 can't block calls as an excuse.

Posted via CB10
    True. There is actually a beta app on here some developer is making though that is currently free and getting traction. Supply and demand in action! Although it requires OS 10.3

Posted via CB from my LE
    jtv1 likes this.
    06-16-14 02:50 PM
    My issue is that I don't see how complicated is to block a call.

For instance, I add unwanted callers at contact and then customize their notifications to "silence". I still get the voice mail though.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 04:09 PM