Dear #Crackberry can you please help me out, actually please can you ask from BlackBerry to their upcoming os update for BlackBerry z3 please increase a camera focus (and backgrounds blur) like dslr features. like in the above image that I attached here. Please please, this will be a great move from BlackBerry which can replace thousand of smartphone brands in the smart world of technology :-) hoping for a positive feedback.
    Can BlackBerry increase Camera focus for my Z3?-ball_at_340mm_snowy-trees-behind.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 12:59 PM
    Dude, you have a tiny little phone camera, it can never ever get as good as a proper camera... if you want to take good pictures, buy a camera..
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    06-25-15 01:03 PM
    Dude, you have a tiny little phone camera, it can never ever get as good as a proper camera... if you want to take good pictures, buy a camera..
    Yeah, pretty much.
    06-25-15 01:22 PM
    You got the wrong phone for that.
    06-25-15 01:29 PM
    A camera is only as good as the photographer using it...Think about it.
    marameansdemon likes this.
    06-25-15 01:32 PM
    Guys I have already canon dslr, but every time I can't carry this! That's why I think BlackBerry don't have do worst camera, what you all are talking about. 8 mp camera is enough for this feature if BlackBerry want. Now a days there are too many apps to do this work but if BlackBerry have this inbuilt features then it'll be a great job.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 01:36 PM
    Guys I have already canon dslr, but every time I can't carry this! That's why I think BlackBerry don't have do worst camera, what you all are talking about. 8 mp camera is enough for this feature if BlackBerry want. Now a days there are too many apps to do this work but if BlackBerry have this inbuilt features then it'll be a great job.

Posted via CB10
    Except there's more to a camera than megapixel count.
    06-25-15 01:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Boo hoo. If you mustered up the cash to use a DSLR, use it when you need a DSLR.

On the other hand, don't take selfies with it. That's what the piece of crap camera on a budget phone is for.
    06-25-15 01:39 PM
    BlackBerry z3 is the device which was around 16 k. You can't say it a budget phone. So we are asking for the value of money, and giving just a suggestion to BlackBerry being a truly lover of a BlackBerry device. And yes, BlackBerry always ask for the suggestion for the improvements of the phones :-)

Posted via CB10
    karswarnava likes this.
    06-25-15 01:48 PM
    Still cheaper than a DSLR.
    Last edited by Elite1; 08-10-15 at 02:05 PM.
    06-25-15 01:50 PM
    BlackBerry z3 is the device which was around 16 k. You can't say it a budget phone. So we are asking for the value of money, and giving just a suggestion to BlackBerry being a truly lover of a BlackBerry device. And yes, BlackBerry always ask for the suggestion for the improvements of the phones :-)

Posted via CB10
    lol dont call the Z3 a budget phone? they launched it for just that 200usd budget phone nothing else to be said except that. you want a budget device to have DSLR like camera... damn no manufacture in the world will do this its not cost effective.
    06-25-15 02:03 PM
    mainely_linux likes this.
    06-25-15 02:12 PM
    Impossible to get a shallow depth of field from such a tiny aperture.

Disco, disco.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    06-25-15 02:18 PM
    Dear #Crackberry can you please help me out, actually please can you ask from BlackBerry to their upcoming os update for BlackBerry z3 please increase a camera focus (and backgrounds blur) like dslr features. like in the above image that I attached here. Please please, this will be a great move from BlackBerry which can replace thousand of smartphone brands in the smart world of technology :-) hoping for a positive feedback.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ball_at_340mm_snowy trees behind.JPG 
Views:	438 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	359411

Posted via CB10
    Nice ball

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 02:33 PM
    Nice ball

Posted via CB10
    Yeh, but the background is out of focus for some stupid reason. �\_(ツ)_/�

Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 02:35 PM
    Didn't bother myself to complete this, lol

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    06-25-15 02:42 PM
    Muuuuh

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    06-25-15 02:43 PM
    I think BlackBerry Z3 camera is a good camera.. but this is a 5 megapixel camera. Now a days you can get android devices worth 10,000 rupees which can offer you the same features.. so BlackBerry Z3 in 16000 is not a budget phone according to me at least..

But I noticed many android phones which has more megapixel than BlackBerry Z3 but the output is not so good..

I am sharing a photo which I clicked at night using one hand (right) and in other hand I had leg piece..
    Can BlackBerry increase Camera focus for my Z3?-img_20150602_210712.jpg

 BlackBerry Z3
    06-25-15 03:22 PM
    Impossible to get a shallow depth of field from such a tiny aperture.

Disco, disco.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    The problem isn't a small aperature its that most smartphones have a fixed aperature. to get that really shallow depth of field (so some things are sharply focuesed and others are very blurred) you need to have a wide open aperature. but to get the general snap shot you need a smaller aperature so that everthing in the shot is in focus. so smartphone makers use a small aperature as this is most useful most of the time.
    06-25-15 04:37 PM
    The problem isn't a small aperature ........ smartphone makers use a small aperature as this is most useful most of the time.
    Isn't that second part what I said?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    06-25-15 04:52 PM
    Try the app Camera++ it's supposed to be really good and help maximize camera functionality. Kind on like how people in the forums are supposed to help..right guys?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 05:01 PM
    Try the app Camera++ it's supposed to be really good and help maximize camera functionality. Kind on like how people in the forums are supposed to help..right guys?

Posted via CB10
    Great app for sure. I have it. But it won't help with shallow depth of field - that is a physical limitation for the most part.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    Last edited by conite; 06-25-15 at 07:33 PM.
    06-25-15 05:03 PM
    To get a very narrow depth of field, you need a wide / large aperture and you need a decent focal length. With tiny cameras in smartphones, you just cannot have any decent focal length. The aperture plays a part, but it's a combination of aperture and focal length which gives you the narrow depth of field.

I can't remember the math about it now, but bottom line is the focal length in cellphone cameras is very, very small. 1 or 2 millimeters? No matter how wide you can make the aperture on the lens, it's still going to have a wider depth of field than you would achieve with an equivalent (larger) focal length on a larger sensor.

Bottom line is, as others have already pointed out, use your DSLR if you want DSLR-quality and DSLR-level of control over your pictures.
    06-25-15 07:10 PM
    I'm no expert but I believe the "effect" can be done with only software.
    The phone already can change focus between near and far. Software can focus on the closer one and mark the object + apply 20% sharpen. Mark background (far) apply 20% blur. And to make it look like the pic was taken from a closer distance it can be cropped.
    This can easily give the desired effect and trick the untrained eye

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 07:19 PM
    To OP,

If that picture was taken by you on your DSLR, Awesome! Build on that skill, instead of asking BBRY for camera improvements. That will be fruitless.

My two cents.
    06-25-15 10:44 PM
29 12