Hi,
    I have a BB PRIV that recently died. (it's impossible to open it.)
    I wonder if the BB company can retrieve localy stored files (in this example: Notes) if I send the phone to them or if I give them the password etc.
    01-03-18 06:20 AM
    Hi,
    I have a BB PRIV that recently died. (it's impossible to open it.)
    I wonder if the BB company can retrieve localy stored files (in this example: Notes) if I send the phone to them or if I give them the password etc.
    Died how? What happened to it? Someone in here may have a solution if you elaborate on what you mean by it died.
    01-03-18 06:40 AM
    You can call and ask.... but never known them to do data recovery for users. They are very clear on repaired devices, that data may be lost.

I'm not sure about NOTES, but if you had Google Backup going, most data does get saved....
    01-03-18 07:11 AM
    I don't think a have a backup going and to have a backup you need to do something manually right? So if I never done anything then there probably is no backup.

Ah, so they probably won't if I want them to do that. Either way I should call.
    Thanks.
    01-03-18 02:21 PM
    I use a BB Priv and a little less than a month ago (around the end of november) the phone well... died? The detailed version is that you can't open the Priv most of the time but when there is no battery left you can. So when the batteries die you charge it which makes you able to open it - only once though. The screen will show the opening sequence and then it will show an broken Android and say that there is something wrong with it - only to die again. (Though it's only a black screen. You need to wait several hours until you can recharge it) SO, the easiest way would be to reset and restart... The problem is that there is some difficulties to do this for me as I have a lot of important notes (in the app: Notes) that I have assembled for close to two years and hundreds of hours. I don't remember having a back-up file etc. so I shoud have exactly zero backups.
    I tried the 32 second one and the 12 second restart methods but it only showed the opening screen (black background with with text [Blackberry & powered by Android]) and then... It died.

Those are copied from a previous thread I started. No one seemed to come up with a solution.
    Hopefully someone will.
    01-03-18 02:25 PM