Hi. I have never used BB phone till now. I am using a 5.5'' Android Touch Screen mobile (Redmi A1). I have decided to buy a Premium Flagship phone and I am confused which mobile phone to buy.

BBK2 caught my eye when I saw it for the first time and I really love BB security, especially Locker and DTEK. I know Camera is Average, It's not for watching videos and games and this is majorly for productivity.

I can buy Samsung S9+ for the same price which is good for multimedia, gaming and security too (as it has Samsung Knox). It is water and dust proof with wireless charging with excellent processor.

Sometimes I feel BBK2 is way too expensive and I just want to ignore it. But it has gorgeous looks and in the ocean of smart phones with complete glass on it, BBK2 is the only one which looks completely different and will catch eyes of many.

Is it worth buying BBK2? I am buying a premium smartphone for the first time. Do you think I can buy it with whole heart? Do I regret later of buying it?

Please help me decide making a decision....

Thanks,
    Cam_Boy!
    09-20-18 04:44 AM
    If you want a PKB experience.... buy the KEY2. It is distinctive looking, keyboard has some cool features and makes for a great productivity tool. But it's a poor hardware value...

If the PKB experience means nothing too you.... the S9+ is a much better hardware package and build quality from a known vendor.
    09-20-18 09:18 AM
    The KEY2 is worth it if you really value the keyboard. I personally think it’s really nice and besides looking different from every piece of glass, it works well. If you can live with the average LCD screen and camera, and lack of IP rating, go for it.

There’s also the KEY2 LE which was recently announced and will start at around 399 for the 32gb model and offers close to the same as KEY2 except the keyboard isn’t capacitive which means you can’t scroll/swipe on the keyboard. Other than that, it’s similar.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-22-18 06:28 PM
    Hi. I have never used BB phone till now. I am using a 5.5'' Android Touch Screen mobile (Redmi A1). I have decided to buy a Premium Flagship phone and I am confused which mobile phone to buy.

BBK2 caught my eye when I saw it for the first time and I really love BB security, especially Locker and DTEK. I know Camera is Average, It's not for watching videos and games and this is majorly for productivity.

I can buy Samsung S9+ for the same price which is good for multimedia, gaming and security too (as it has Samsung Knox). It is water and dust proof with wireless charging with excellent processor.

Sometimes I feel BBK2 is way too expensive and I just want to ignore it. But it has gorgeous looks and in the ocean of smart phones with complete glass on it, BBK2 is the only one which looks completely different and will catch eyes of many.

Is it worth buying BBK2? I am buying a premium smartphone for the first time. Do you think I can buy it with whole heart? Do I regret later of buying it?

Please help me decide making a decision....

Thanks,
    Cam_Boy!
    Just my 1 cent, I suggest you to read some threads discussing the bugs it has (bluetooth, wobble space bar, swipe on keyboard issues etc), I can't say much because the phone isn't released yet here in indonesia, but you better check to nearest offline store and play with it directly, then decide for yourself. You know what kind of feedback you'll get if you ask in this forum.
    09-23-18 02:11 AM
    Thanks for you reply. Is BBKEY2 having any performance issues? I have read in many forums that Keyone's performance was degrading with time. Is it the same case with BBKEY2? I am not a selfie guy, I don't use Social media sites much. I don't take videos often. If BBKEY2's performance is a charm, then I can buy it right away..
    09-23-18 06:28 AM
    Thanks for you reply. Is BBKEY2 having any performance issues? I have read in many forums that Keyone's performance was degrading with time. Is it the same case with BBKEY2? I am not a selfie guy, I don't use Social media sites much. I don't take videos often. If BBKEY2's performance is a charm, then I can buy it right away..
    Performance will be just fine, even if you're heavy on social media.

Top of the line processors like SD 835 and SD 845 are way overrated by phone reviewers, no one needs that extra power unless you want to play the latest 3D games at max settings.
    09-23-18 07:30 AM
    Thank You. Got your point. the_boon, I have another question. Can we use picture password as well as finger print at the same time for Locker? I am just curious...
    09-23-18 08:13 AM
    Thank You. Got your point. the_boon, I have another question. Can we use picture password as well as finger print at the same time for Locker? I am just curious...
    Well yeah, you can activate picture password and simultaneously have the fingerprint(s) set up for both unlocking the phone and accessing Locker
    09-25-18 03:23 PM