I have been torn between the Keyone versus the Motion, but now that the Motion will shortly be available in the US, I am thinking I will just go ahead and get the Motion. I like the larger battery, waterproofing, some of the new software and am thinking the longer screen may help me with my web searches and online stock research a bit more. I thought about waiting to learn what these two new BB's expected later in 2018, but even than I suspect it might take a lot longer until available here in the US. So I am thinking to buy one now, likely the Motion, downloading the Oreo update when available (which I think is what can be done, I sure hope so), and maybe in a year or two a new BB again.

I have just always wondered, are the functionality and performance of a preloaded operating system better than if it comes to the phone by upgrade. Specifically, in regards to the BB Motion, it currently comes with Nougat, but it has been announced that Oreo will become available later in 2018, so I assume I can download that upgrade later. My question is, will there be a difference in functionality and/or performance if I just wait to buy the Motion (or even the Keyone) later when it comes with Oreo? Thanks.
    01-11-18 05:30 PM
    My question is, will there be a difference in functionality and/or performance if I just wait to buy the Motion (or even the Keyone) later when it comes with Oreo? Thanks.
    You're going to get the same performance either way. Whatever that performance may be, no one can speak to that since it hasn't been released lol
    01-11-18 05:48 PM
    My question is, will there be a difference in functionality and/or performance if I just wait to buy the Motion (or even the Keyone) later when it comes with Oreo? Thanks.
    Buy it now then load the upgrade when it arrives. There will be a series of iterative upgrades while you have the device anyway. The iterative nature of software upgrades is just the normal way things are done, and to be expected anyway. Have fun :-)
    01-12-18 04:10 AM