Would it be an unwise decision for TCL/BB mobile to create a low end smartphone?

There are many BlackBerry fans out the but they just can't have a Blackberry just because they are unable to purchase it due to financial reasons of course like being a teenager and having parents who can buy you only a low end smartphone..
    A mid-range device could be good..
    Like how Nokia is doing..

Would it be good for business or not if they pulled a Nokia, would it?
    09-15-17 09:07 AM
    By the time you add BlackBerry's software licensing fee, it wouldn't be a low cost phone, and like the BPMP BlackBerry Aurora in Indonesia it would be unlikely to ever get any OS updates.
    09-15-17 09:30 AM
    Why should BlackBerry waste resources on building a device lots of other companies already have in their portfolio? I'd rather have them building devices with physical keyboards, because that's what makes them unique.
    09-15-17 09:31 AM
    Just look at the current or latest production. Dtek50 has been the best result out there: hardly even middle-range HW (considering that blackberry android is a bit more hungry on hw resources) with a pricetag too high. I doubt there would be someone paying a middle-range class price for something with the cheapest components out there. People usually don't require software updates, the less they do in case of security patches! Probably there is gonna be something like that one day, but honestly I would go for some other phone in that case: you won't get anything more than slow HW with few blackberry apps and security patches.
    09-15-17 09:56 AM
    so that means a low end BlackBerry is out of the question, alright.
    BlackBerry and Nokia are basically trying to "get back up" the market share, and so far it seems like Nokia has been pushing the right buttons but we'll see..
    09-16-17 05:29 AM
    so that means a low end BlackBerry is out of the question, alright.
    BlackBerry and Nokia are basically trying to "get back up" the market share, and so far it seems like Nokia has been pushing the right buttons but we'll see..
    It's just my opinion. But there had been some so called budget phones (Leap and especially Z3), which were cheap in terms of BlackBerry ordinary pricing but still quite expensive comparing other phones. I don't say it won't come but I personally wouln't expect anything really that cheap.
    09-16-17 11:52 AM