Not sure if I missed this discussion but, recently while on the browser on my phone it keeps shutting down... basically looks like I swiped up and when I click on tile the page I was looking at is gone, this has also started to happen when I view twitter as well!?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 10:00 AM
    I'm guessing memory is running low and the device is killing stuff to keep working.

When was the last time you rebooted? How many apps you have running in the background?
    09-04-15 10:07 AM
    after the latest leak, my linkedin crashes too.
    09-04-15 10:08 AM
    OS version, Phone model things we need to know. How did you install the OS, autoload, OTA official, blitz?
    Nothing closes on me. Just checked my memory and I have 300mbs left, that's pretty low atm, but I have 3 apps running and it's all fine.

Try a reboot, try an autoloader... I find the autoloader to be the best way to install an OS imo.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 11:52 AM
    Sorry I have a BlackBerry 10 OS (version 10.3.2.2168) model Z30 from Telus. When you say re-boot did you mean restart??? I'll deleted a couple things if it's a problem with the memory being full if that works then I'll just have to buy a bigger card. I also have the OS automatically update when the newest version comes out.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 02:02 PM
    Yeah restart or a hard restart by holding both volume buttons down till the phone restarts, the hard restart helps a lot. Memory as in Ram not storage. If you open device Manger it will show you how much memory you are currently using. Also android apps run in the background when closed, so go to settings - app manager - application permissions in blue - and turn off everything that can run in the background, some apps won't allow you to toggle.
    I would also grab the newest autoloader from the forums and install a fresh copy.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 02:49 PM
    I'll try turning off the apps running in the background first to see if that works. Little iffy on doing the autoloader as my luck with things like that isn't the best,and I don't need to cause further problems with my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:00 PM
    It's only scary the first time because you don't know what's going on yet. You can't brick a BlackBerry, if it gets stuck or doesn't work the first time all you have to do is reload it again. So that fear is gone.

Download the autoloader specific for your Z30. and extract it with 7zip (if you don't have 7zip google it and download it, it's the best extracting tool and free) inside you'll find the exe.
    Plug your phone in and close link and blend if running.
    Put your phone into airplane mode.
    Start the exe. A screen will popup and connect to the phone. The phone will restart. Enter your password if you have one set. Your notifiction led will turn green.
    It'll load the new OS, takes me about 20 mins.
    When it's done the phone will restart. You can unplug it once it restarts. It'll then take you through the setup process, WiFi setup, BlackBerry ID, tutorials etc. When that's complete do a hard reset with the volume buttons.
    The phone will use more battery for the next couple days after doing this. Once the OS is settled battery will go back to normal. Mine usually takes 2 days at most to settle from my experience.

Note doing this will wipe your phone. So save anything you want saved either to SD card or using link to make a backup which you can restore after the installation, however that isn't always a precise process and one I don't bother with anymore. Save contacts to an email service like Gmail or outlook to easily back those up.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 03:24 PM
    Well once I closed/shut off a couple apps from running in the background it seemed to solve the problem, as the browser was shutting off within a minute of it being opened, after doing that I've had it open for about 3 minutes without a problem.

But I would definitely keep the other option in mind if this were to start happening again.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    09-04-15 04:01 PM
    It's an issue with it trying to connect, not really the OS version. Been happening here and there on different versions of 10.3.2.

It's only scary the first time because you don't know what's going on yet. You can't brick a BlackBerry, if it gets stuck or doesn't work the first time all you have to do is reload it again. So that fear is gone.
    Well, in fact you can... But it takes some really HARD TRYING. lol
    09-04-15 05:11 PM
    It's an issue with it trying to connect, not really the OS version. Been happening here and there on different versions of 10.3.2.

Well, in fact you can... But it takes some really HARD TRYING. lol
    Really? How? I've tried lol never was able to brick it.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 05:26 PM
    Really? How? I've tried lol never was able to brick it.
    Dude there were three guys here in the forums at different points in time, all Z10s. NOTHING we suggested worked. They had to send the devices back to BlackBerry all three of them...

And once I had a botched OS update on my Z10 and decided to perform a security wipe... It took me 5 hours (laugh with me, 11pm to 4am) to fix the device. Fun!

But yeah, chances of a trully bricked BB10 are reeeally that low.
    09-04-15 11:19 PM
    What device?
    09-05-15 12:42 AM