Is there anywhere that I can buy an unlocked BB Passport, as T mobile won't be carrying it, and still get wifi calling? What if I have a T mobile SIM card? And does anyone know if the Passport is updated for wifi calling; I know the Classic is but it feels like a step back after having the Z10. Or is the Classic a decent phone, which I could buy from T mobile, and have wifi calling and the new OS. Opinions on the phone choice? Should I not be trying so hard for the Passport?
    BTW, my phone was dying and then I broke the screen. If anyone has an updated Z10 or Z30 T mobile phone in good condition they are looking to sell, I would consider that.
    Thanks! (as in installed 10.3.2)
    R Kay
    10-05-15 04:40 PM
    Yes! As of last week, TMO customers can get WiFi calling on any BB10 phone. The update is the easiest to install on a Classic as TMO has made it available over the air (OTA,) but any BB10 can be updated to work with 10.3.2 to work with WFC.
    10-05-15 04:44 PM
    hi Raino what do I do for unlocked passport. Please help

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 09:12 PM
    hi Raino what do I do for unlocked passport. Please help
    Hello, and welcome to CrackBerry.

You would need to manually install the OS update that TMO has approved for WiFi calling (10.3.2.2789.) You download the OS update to your computer and install from there. Since you'll have a new phone at that point, I would recommend the autoloader method: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/

I would also recommend you install the TMO WiFi calling "app", which basically acts as a light switch for the feature. You might already have it on your Z10--it's the one that allows you to choose between WiFi preferred, Cellular preferred, etc. You will need to 'inject' this app into your Passport via Sachesi.

You can get the 10.3.2.2789 autoloader (1.47GB) from here: https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/wWtIc...GM7edHhVronioq and the "app" from here: http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

If you decide to buy the Passport and need any help with the above, just ask.
    Powdah and Jamaa like this.
    10-05-15 09:41 PM
    Does this download the entire OS 10.3.2 update? Because I was trying to do that on my former phone via Sachesi from 10.2something, and where I live I get horrible computer speeds. I'm out in the boonies aways, so it took almost 4 days to download and install, and kept stopping so I had to monitor it. I'm hoping to avoid that. Thank you, for all your answers.
    R Kay

Duh, sounds like not, for the app and the autoloader is also specific for wifi calling. Please CORRECT me if I'm wrong.
    Thanks again,
    R Kay
    10-06-15 09:42 AM
    Raino - I downloaded Sachesi 2.0.2. Cannot get it to open. Just flashes. I have used Sachesi before never had a problem. Win 10. I
    10-06-15 11:28 AM
    Does this download the entire OS 10.3.2 update? Because I was trying to do that on my former phone via Sachesi from 10.2something, and where I live I get horrible computer speeds. I'm out in the boonies aways, so it took almost 4 days to download and install, and kept stopping so I had to monitor it. I'm hoping to avoid that. Thank you, for all your answers.
    R Kay
    When you download an autoloader, you're downloading a complete OS. There may be ways to not have to download a full autoloader, still do this update and get WFC--I'm not sure. I'll try to get that question answered though.

Duh, sounds like not, for the app and the autoloader is also specific for wifi calling. Please CORRECT me if I'm wrong.
    Thanks again,
    R Kay
    The "app" is a minuscule download--200kb and it's presence/absence is not necessary for WFC itself to work. The "app" is just a light switch, whereas WFC is the electric connection--the light switch just flips the bulb on and off.

The autoloader is not-so-minuscule at 1.47GB and for WiFi calling to work on 10.3.2, you do need 10.3.2.2789--or at least parts of it. Let me try and get someone more knowledgeable in this thread who might be able to tell you how you can install 10.3.2.2789 with the least amount of downloading.

Raino - I downloaded Sachesi 2.0.2. Cannot get it to open. Just flashes. I have used Sachesi before never had a problem. Win 10. I
    Sorry--I haven't updated from 2.0.0, nor do I have Windows 10. Have you searched the forums for this issue?
    10-06-15 11:41 AM
    So far not finding anything. Still wading through posts
    10-06-15 12:49 PM
    Does anyone have a good 7Z file extractor.
    10-06-15 01:38 PM
    Does anyone have a good 7Z file extractor.
    I use 7-zip.
    10-06-15 01:39 PM
    If you want to update non-destructively, you can use the blitz method:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1040903

If you want a nice, new, clean install from scratch, then use an autoloader. Here is a link from Thurask's archive:
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...fSc0JPukRz42w/

Instructions for blitz method:
    Install Sachesi on your computer, download blitz file, run Sachesi, plug in device, drag blitz zip file into Sachesi window. Let your device update and reboot on its own when complete.
    Link for Sachesi:
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases
    You also need this dll installed:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JibvGAF9

Instructions for autoloader:
    Make sure newest BlackBerry Link is installed (you won't use it, but the drivers are required), download large 7z autoloader file for your device, unzip it, plug in your device, and run the autoloader. Done.
    Link for BlackBerry Link (part of Blend package):
    www.blackberry.com/blend

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 10-06-15 at 09:32 PM.
    raino likes this.
    10-06-15 01:48 PM
    This Blitz gave me 10.3.2.2514 for an update. Cannot find out how to start WiFi calling

If you want to update non-destructively, you can use the blitz method:
    BlitzOS_10.3.2789_(SR 2514)_For_All_BB10_Devices - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

If you want a nice, new, clean install from scratch, then use an autoloader. Here is a link from Thurask's archive:
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...fSc0JPukRz42w/

Instructions for blitz method:
    Install Sachesi on your computer, download blitz file, run Sachesi, plug in device, drag blitz zip file into Sachesi window. Let your device update and reboot on its own when complete.
    Link for Sachesi:
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases
    You also need this dll installed:
    Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Instructions for autoloader:
    Make sure newest BlackBerry Link is installed (you won't use it, but the drivers are required), download large 7z autoloader file for your device, unzip it, plug in your device, and run the autoloader. Done.
    Link for BlackBerry Link (part of Blend package):
    BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - US

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-06-15 06:05 PM
    Found the icon but now I cannot get it to turn on. Wi-Fi is turned on but the switch will not do anything

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 07:02 PM
    Found the icon but now I cannot get it to turn on. Wi-Fi is turned on but the switch will not do anything
    Which switch is this? The WiFi calling "app" from BlackBerry?
    10-06-15 07:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    POWDAH, your profile says Verizon, if you are still on Verizon WFC only works on T-Mo. If you are on T-Mo does the WFC icon appear in the upper right. You do not need the "on-off" switch for it to function.
    10-07-15 10:12 AM
    Thought I had changed that. Moved to TMobile 2 months ago.

Took 2 reboots, but now it WiFi works.

POWDAH, your profile says Verizon, if you are still on Verizon WFC only works on T-Mo. If you are on T-Mo does teh WFC icon appear in the upper right. You do not need the "on-off" switch for it to function.
    10-07-15 10:34 AM
    Thought I had changed that. Moved to TMobile 2 months ago.

Took 2 reboots, but now it WiFi works.
    Welcome to T-mo and especially WFC, think you are going to love the service.
    10-07-15 01:19 PM
    Having to fight the lack of coverage (now that I have Wi Fi calling on my Passport I have away for inexpensive Verizon calling coverage) and had to downgrade to 4G because the towers are too congested of the LTE bands.

Welcome to T-mo and especially WFC, think you are going to love the service.
    10-07-15 01:23 PM
    There is no video link? That shows step by step how to activate wifi calling on unlocked passport on tmobile?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 12:48 AM
    Having to fight the lack of coverage (now that I have Wi Fi calling on my Passport I have away for inexpensive Verizon calling coverage) and had to downgrade to 4G because the towers are too congested of the LTE bands.
    Where are you located? I'm in So. California and no problems with LTE.
    10-09-15 08:25 AM
    Our problem is too much traffic and not enough towers.
    10-09-15 10:03 AM
    Our problem is too much traffic and not enough towers.
    Phoenix?
    10-09-15 12:18 PM
    Smaller area in central WA St. - Wenatchee
    raino likes this.
    10-09-15 01:33 PM
    I cannot find it. Thanks!
    12-17-15 10:50 PM
    WiFi calling is only good for shoddy connection. And on unlimited post paid plans. Pretty dumb.I was hoping to supplement low monthly minute limit with WiFi calling on my prepaid plans. Leacing tmo staring next month for unlimited att mnvo with lower data allowance. Unlimited call and text and 2 gb lte... with way better coverage. Was on tmo 100 min and 5gb lte plan.
    12-17-15 11:56 PM