I made what I fear is a grave mistake yesterday when I landed in Europe and went to swap out my SIM card. Used to the easy flip-off on my Passport, I misunderstood instructions from a friend to use a pin to pop out the simcard slot and instead was pinning the small hole on the top of my phone.

By the time I figured out I was pinning in the wrong place, I fear I've done some serious damage to my brand new phone. At first I thought I just did some slight cosmetic damage, but, since the pinning my speakerphone microphone has been out of commission.

Does this make sense or a coincidence/fluke software error?
    Have tried restarting but don't have any other ideas on how to get this going.

What's my action plan - do I have to return or physically have the phone repaired?
    07-17-17 05:52 PM
    you arent the only one. but yes its broken and will either need the device replaced or fix the microphone.
    07-17-17 05:54 PM
    Oh no! Lol wrong hole! wrong hole! Don't put it in there! Now that's a mess. And I bet you feel terrible. But seriously, maybe you will be a lucky one to lose the screen and get a replacement device.. just don't stick your pin in the wrong hole with the next one.

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    07-17-17 10:01 PM