Hi, just got my first z10 (a hand me down from my mum) and can't keep my hands off it - brilliant phone. One thing I've noticed is that when I receive an incoming call the contact picture which pops up on the screen ins blurry. Is there any way to enhance the quality. The pictures are linked off Facebook so that may just be the unfortunate way it is.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 01:13 PM
    The picture is adapted to the screen size... so sadly a tumbnail photo, in 1-2 Megapixels is streched and becomes blurry/"pixelous"...
    If you can/want, chose higher quality pics of your contacts... An alternative, remake the picture by screenshooting it from Facebook, maybe you can zoom it before taking the screenshot, so the quality might be better. (Zooming in Browser does not blurr the pics, so take the scrreenshot from browser, not from the photo opened in an individual window!)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-23-14 01:40 PM
    Oh... to make a screenshot: Hold Volume UP+DOWN buttons for about 1 second, you'll see a message on the screen, that you just taken a screenshot...
    Then release the buttons as soon as you've seen the note (if normal profile, you hear a shutter sound)...
    Holding the mentioned keys longer (say 3 seconds) reboots the phone, resetting the hardware... useful when it is freezed for example. (Phone rarely freezes, garanteed!)
    Enjoy your new phone!!
    Cheers ;-)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-23-14 01:46 PM
    Cheers I had the same problem with my previous galaxy phone but resolved it with an app called haxsync. Not available for BlackBerry though. Will try the screen shot thing a go. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 03:30 PM
    If you put higher res of pictures, maybe you can't synchronize with Yahoo contact nor Gmail contact, what I know is for Yahoo, the file size of the total VCF files is limited max. 5 MB.
    I'm not sure about Gmail total max file contact size to be able to synchronize with your device
    Just fyi

STA100-2
    07-25-14 03:07 AM
    The image from FB might be of low quality, try to find a better quality picture of that person, download it to your phone and set it as their profile picture in you address book, that's it

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 06:18 AM
    It's even worse on Q devices. The call screen is one of the ugliest aspects of BB10 I feel. Especially since 10.2.1
    07-25-14 06:39 AM
    Think the way forward is to get high quality pics of Facebook myself and then add them to the contacts manually. Shame that BlackBerry downsizes images automatically from Facebook to include in the contacts, which then appear blurry when stretched to the call screen. Also I noted it was cropped off at one side when I had a call the other day too.
    Only problem is it will be a bit of a faff, but will five it a try
    Nothing more embarrassing receiving an incoming call when your mates are there and the call screen looking hideously bad quality!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:13 AM
    If your coming from an older device and you transferred your contacts via device switch you may have the old facebook picture as the contact default.

Try going to contacts tapping on their picture and seeing if you have 2 from facebook. One will be blurry and other one will be better quality.

I had to go through all my contacts and delete the low quality picture.

I'm coming from a BlackBerry bold.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    Byrese likes this.
    07-25-14 08:16 AM