I have been a loyal BB user for many years. Put up with the sideloads and apk's to make things work.....while refusing to give up. This latest update may be the last straw. After I did the automatic update to the new OS version, the Bluetooth will no longer turn on. I see others having the similar issue. I refuse to wipe my phone and do a fresh install. I have deleted all Bluetooth apps, rebooted several times, did a battery pull twice still to no avail. I hope someone comes up with a good solution for this within a week or it will be RIP Blackberry for me. If anyone has a viable solution other than risking a complete wipe and re-load that may not work, please advise.
    02-12-17 01:37 PM
    I have been a loyal BB user for many years. Put up with the sideloads and apk's to make things work.....while refusing to give up. This latest update may be the last straw. After I did the automatic update to the new OS version, the Bluetooth will no longer turn on. I see others having the similar issue. I refuse to wipe my phone and do a fresh install. I have deleted all Bluetooth apps, rebooted several times, did a battery pull twice still to no avail. I hope someone comes up with a good solution for this within a week or it will be RIP Blackberry for me. If anyone has a viable solution other than risking a complete wipe and re-load that may not work, please advise.
    Delete or disable bluetooth profile, recreate and re-pair?

Posted with my  Classic
    02-12-17 01:50 PM
    ^^^^^^This. Uninstall EVERY device in your bluetooth section by long-pressing on each device then deleting it. After everything is deleted, do the same with your bluetooth devices if possible. You are essentially starting from scratch. Reboot your phone, make it discoverable and then turn on each of your bluetooth devices one at a time and re-pair each one.
    02-12-17 03:20 PM
    I have deleted all Bluetooth dependent apps and rebooted several times. The device will not even give me the option to turn on the Bluetooth much less pair anything. When I try to turn on the slider in the Bluetooth settings.......it turns itself back off.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 04:28 PM
    I have deleted all Bluetooth dependent apps and rebooted several times. The device will not even give me the option to turn on the Bluetooth much less pair anything. When I try to turn on the slider in the Bluetooth settings.......it turns itself back off.

Posted via CB10
    Other than the device hard reset (holding power button down 15 seconds or so) and/or doing the newest autoloader (10.3.3.2205), I have no other answers for you. I have a z10 with 10.3.3.2205 (SR 10.3.3.1463) and the Bluetooth works fine.
    02-12-17 04:35 PM
    Yes.....that is the same OTA update I received. Once installed, the problem began. I have tried every trick I know (hard reboot, soft restart, battery pull) and nothing makes it work. Is there a place I can download the autoloader and try to force it again? I honestly do not want to lose everything in my device. BlackBerry Link has been fried for a long time so I can't even back the thing up anymore. Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 04:47 PM
    Exactly what was suggested above , use an autoloader and reinstall the OS, you may have a bad install
    02-12-17 04:55 PM
    I've only ever done OTA updates........where may I obtain the autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 05:50 PM
    I've only ever done OTA updates........where may I obtain the autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1098162/

I know you don't want to wipe your device and start over, but sometimes (especially if you have had your device a long time and have installed several OTA updates) your phone gets bogged down over time. In cases like this, it is a good idea to start with a clean OS. Your device may run like new again.
    02-12-17 06:18 PM
    I understand and agree about the bog overtime. The aggravating thing as I mentioned before is I have had issues backing up with BlackBerry Link for a long long time so I will lose allot when I reload. I do have Backup Pro but it doesn't get everything. It is just sad that they release an upgrade that seems to be so bug laden.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 10:10 PM
    I understand and agree about the bog overtime. The aggravating thing as I mentioned before is I have had issues backing up with BlackBerry Link for a long long time so I will lose allot when I reload. I do have Backup Pro but it doesn't get everything. It is just sad that they release an upgrade that seems to be so bug laden.

Posted via CB10
    Move as much info as you can to your SD card and make sure your contacts are backed up and synced to only ONE email provider (so you can avoid duplicate contact entries). Treat this as a Spring Cleaning. Remember that if you restored everything via BlackBerry Link, you may just re-introduce all your problems. That happens often with BL. I will also bet you have a ton of apps that you very rarely use. This is a good time to leave them in the cloud and only download and install them on an as needed basis. With a clean machine you will notice a big difference in performance. It is a pain, but I've done it a few times on various devices and am never sorry. Hopefully your main problem is solved. I am certain it will be.
    02-12-17 11:14 PM
    Update on this......after going through, deleting all apps that relate to the Bluetooth, backing up as much as I could to the SD card, and then used Sachesi to re-install new copies of the OS.......still no luck. The slider for the Bluetooth will not stay on. I guess now is the time to decide to completely do a reset and reinstall once more just to see if that fixes it, but I don't have much hope in it. It may be time for a nice, new, Samsung device......even though that is almost the last thing I want to do. The last thing would be to bow to the fruit company.
    02-14-17 05:39 PM
    Update on this......after going through, deleting all apps that relate to the Bluetooth, backing up as much as I could to the SD card, and then used Sachesi to re-install new copies of the OS.......still no luck. The slider for the Bluetooth will not stay on. I guess now is the time to decide to completely do a reset and reinstall once more just to see if that fixes it, but I don't have much hope in it. It may be time for a nice, new, Samsung device......even though that is almost the last thing I want to do. The last thing would be to bow to the fruit company.
    Do NOT use Sachesi. As I said, download and run the autoloader for your device. The autoloader is unzipped to give you an .exe file. Plug your phone into your PC and close all other windows (no Sachesi, no Link etc), then click on the .exe and the autoloader will begin. It will take about 15-20 minutes and then you can set up your device as if new.
    02-14-17 06:36 PM
    Yes. I believe I will give this a try tomorrow. I just thought I would try the Sachesi route first. Thanks. I will let you know how it works out.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 07:01 PM