Hi,
    I can't set up email on my Blackberry Curve 8520. I get "Your device had a problem connecting to the server"

Last week Orange switched my network to EE. At about the same time I got a message from bt saying I need to reset my password. Before I could change my password I went into my Blackberry email settings and got "Your device had a problem connecting to the server. Retry." And my email didn't work.

Under Manage connections I get “Blue tick,Mobile Network EE, green tick;
    Blue tick, Wi-Fi On, grey minus sign”

Under Services Status: "Mobile Voice, Status: available, Connection: Mobile Network
    Blackberry Internet Service Connection: not connected
    Blackberry Enterprise Server Connection: not connected”

Under Mobile Network Options I have Data Services and Roaming both ON, and WiFi preferred.

I have since changed my bt password, and EE have sent me a new SIM card. I can send/receive phone calls and texts, but still can't get into email settings to change my password, or pick up emails.

I am connected to wifi and the broadband signal is good. My husband has an identical Blackberry Curve and has no connection problems. Have tried switching off and taking out battery.

Is the problem with Blackberry, EE or BTinternet – or me?

Please help! I'm a little old lady who doesn't understand all this techie jargon, but I do love my Blackberry!

Many thanks in anticipation.
    05-16-18 12:41 PM
    When they switched you... did they include a BIS Plan, did you get new Service Books?
    05-16-18 12:57 PM
    No, I don't think so, just a SIM card. I Don't know what those are. I got no books
    05-16-18 06:11 PM
    BlackBerry Curve requires a special service BIS in order to function correctly. You'll need to contact your carrier and see if the support BIS and if they can help you with activation of your BlackBerry.
    05-17-18 08:23 AM
    Thanks for your help. I was on the phone to a techie at EE for 57 minutes today. He tried everything, and still couldn't make it work! I may take it in to an EE shop next time I'm in town, see what they can do. When you say "carrier", is that EE or my email server, bt?
    05-17-18 02:08 PM