Blaze I thought I'd ask you, my bbm and mobile Hotspot won't work under normal mobile data, what's app is working now. All work under WiFi. My other devices connect to b
    My Hotspot although nothing can refresh on th other devices as if there is no connection. Do you have any idea what I can do man? I would hate to think my passport SE is something i'll have to change. I've spoken to my carrier and all is good on their end. They seem to think it's a software problem. Amy ideas from you man would bemost appreciated. Mark

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 02:43 PM
    What OS is your Passport SE on currently?
    03-15-17 03:19 PM
    BlackBerry 10, software 10.3.3.1435

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 03:51 PM
    Thanks for your answer Blaze,shall I try re install the software via the blackberry website?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 04:32 PM
    I think I'm screwed man, blackberry link doesn't work on my laptop as I have window 10. It stopped working ages ago

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 05:57 PM
    I just did a soft reset, bbm is still not working on my data plan.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 06:17 PM
    I just did a soft reset, bbm is still not working on my data plan.

Posted via CB10
    Try deleting BBM app and reinstall from BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 06:20 PM
    It won't let me delete it for some reason?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 06:27 PM
    Do you have the BlackBerry icon in the top right? If not, turn off the Radio and turn on Wi-Fi. This issue normally fixes itself within a few hours. A hard reset has done the job for me as well many times.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 06:34 PM
    Do you have the BlackBerry icon in the top right? If not, turn off the Radio and turn on Wi-Fi. This issue normally fixes itself within a few hours. A hard reset has done the job for me as well many times.

Posted via CB10
    Although I have had to wipe and reinstall to fix that before
    03-15-17 09:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    This
    03-15-17 10:00 PM
    Have you tried to re-register your device in the network settings?
    03-16-17 02:20 AM
    Also, aside from the "" being displayed, are you certain that you have a good connection with your carrier's network? If you pull down your quick settings, and go into your mobile network, does it show that you are connected there?

Blaze I need help man-img_20170316_033407.png

Blaze I need help man-img_20170316_033416.png

The reason I ask is that I had a similar problem before (it said connected but "voice only"). I somehow had my APN settings skewed and I was able to receive and make calls but had no data access. My carrier had no idea why as everything was "alright on their end" as well, which I'm pretty sure roughly translates into "we haven't had enough reports of a similar issue to be able to know what's going on for you."

Anyway, check there and, if it doesn't look right, open the "advanced settings" and Google your carrier's APN to make sure it's correct on your device.

Good luck!
    03-16-17 02:40 AM
    Ah ha the blackberry sign is missing from the top right with normal, mobile network on, it's only there if I turn on WiFi, ?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 02:42 AM
    I will try what you said turning off the radio and going over WiFi, dos this mean it's a problem with EE rather than my phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 03:06 AM
    Ok so the little blackberry sign is missing when only on radio not over WiFi, although whats weird is I still can use other apps and the Internet even though the little blackberry sign is missing. In trying to avoid a factory reset as blackberry link no longer works on my windows 10 and I have to many files to lose

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 04:12 AM
    Thanks bird dog I have checked both of your suggestions and all is fine

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 06:46 AM
    Blaze I need help man-img_20170316_114324.png
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170316_114324.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	419522

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 06:46 AM
    Blaze I need help man-img_20170316_114355.png

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 06:47 AM
    Ok so the little blackberry sign is missing when only on radio not over WiFi, although whats weird is I still can use other apps and the Internet even though the little blackberry sign is missing. In trying to avoid a factory reset as blackberry link no longer works on my windows 10 and I have to many files to lose

Posted via CB10
    So, does your phone still have a regular cell signal? (can you still make calls or text?) if not, then it probably is a problem with your SIM card or your carrier. If it still gets some kind of service, then it's more likely a setting on your device.

There is a simple toggle in your network settings that can turn on or off data. Can you confirm that this is ON? It could just be something as simple as that. Also, did you check the APN settings?

[EDIT]

Sorry, we both must have been typing replies at the same time. If everything looks good there, I don't really know what to tell you. It shows that you should still be receiving data services... I'm out of ideas at the moment.

I'll try to keep digging around for you and good luck in the meantime!
    03-16-17 06:50 AM
    Also, one bit of information missing:

When did this start happening for you? Did you just update the OS and found this issue? Or did you just switch to your current carrier or change anything with them?

One other way to test the issue is to borrow someone else's SIM card just to see if you can connect that way. Same carrier if your device is locked, otherwise any one that will fit, if it's unlocked. That way you can make sure that the problem isn't something on the carrier's end.
    03-16-17 06:59 AM
    I think I'm screwed man, blackberry link doesn't work on my laptop as I have window 10. It stopped working ages ago

Posted via CB10
    LINK doesn't work for me anymore either... but I can still run an Autoloader and it will connect to my phone. So if you want to try reinstalling the OS... http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    03-16-17 08:01 AM
    Yes thanks so much for your replies and for coming up with ideas, I will keep you posted if anything works!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 09:23 AM
    Ok great idea I will see as my phone is unlocked, let's see if a different sim makes a difference! Thank you

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 09:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    The little BlackBerry symbol is the status of the device's connection to BlackBerry Services. If present, you are connected to BlackBerry Services, if not there then you are not.
    If it's present, you can use BlackBerry only apps and services like BBM, BlackBerry World, BlackBerry Protect, and several others. This runs on top of your normal Data Services connection.
    If it is not present, then normal Data Services apps and services will function, like web browsing or WhatsApp, but BBM and the rest will not.
    As you issue happens while on your cell data, but doesn't happen while on WiFi, I suspect there is something wrong on your carrier's end that has blocking the BlackBerry Services connection.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-16-17 01:40 PM
30 12