can you help m blackberry z10 fell into the water [3-5 years ago ] i tried and saved it with rice but it did not work about a month ago I used another phone's battery to turn it on didn't work then I did that and charged it then it shocked back to life and now it is back on but only on the charger

Draken tokena
    08-09-20 01:50 PM
    can you help m blackberry z10 fell into the water [3-5 years ago ] i tried and saved it with rice but it did not work about a month ago I used another phone's battery to turn it on didn't work then I did that and charged it then it shocked back to life and now it is back on but only on the charger

Draken tokena
    What are you thinking we can do for you?
    08-09-20 05:54 PM

Draken tokena
    Just a recommendation for next time, don't use rice, there are a few reasons0but the big one is that rice powder / small pieces of rice in the phone itself that probably broke smth. Also when you got the phone out of the water did you take out the battery and hold the power button? Or did you leave the battery in, because there could be corrosion on the battery connector, not just the battery itself

Posted via my dream Classic
    08-10-20 02:57 PM
    Just a recommendation for next time, don't use rice, there are a few reasons0but the big one is that rice powder / small pieces of rice in the phone itself that probably broke smth. Also when you got the phone out of the water did you take out the battery and hold the power button? Or did you leave the battery in, because there could be corrosion on the battery connector, not just the battery itself

I've got a few "desiccant" packs in a zip lock that I've saved from packaging....

Rice can really be bad if it get's in a port and swells up.... But in the end it's probably all someone is going to have on hand... better it than nothing.

I've lost two phones to water (salt).... real secret. Don't buy a phone without an IP rating.
    08-10-20 04:26 PM
    . I've lost two phones to water (salt).... real secret. Don't buy a phone without an IP rating.
    Unless you are just going to keep it on your desk and never touch it

08-10-20 04:28 PM
    Unless you are just going to keep it on your desk and never touch it

Or don't live near water...... But I'm in Florida and we tend to get wet a lot.
    08-10-20 04:36 PM