I have a Blackberry Z10 and had a recent OS update. A few days later, when I turned it on apps won't open - there will be a flash but then the app won't open. I can see the emails, but not open them, again a flash, then nothing. If I restart the device sometimes I can open emails, but can't reply, etc.

When I hook up to Blackberry Link I can see the pictures, but they won't copy to my computer and the Blackberry internal memory shows up as a Flash drive, but is inaccessible.

Backup doesn't work in Blackberry link.

I want to get the photos off of the phone - is there any software that can access the internal memory to copy the photos off of the phone any bypass the non-working Blackberry OS?

Is there any way to re-install the OS without deleing the photos on the internal memory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-19-17 12:16 PM
    are you able to install an sd card and move the files over from the internal via file manager? Will file manager open?
    02-19-17 10:44 PM
    Have same issue on Q10 after Verizon Update. I would like to backup texts and contacts but backup app won't open!!! Help!!
    02-21-17 01:36 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

You can do a non-destructive load of the OS using Sachesi.... but usually if something is acting buggy, that more in a setting that probably will carry over. Usually best to do a clean install.

Before trying Sachesi....
    I'd use and SD Card to manually copy over images...
    Might use a Backup Utility - like Firechest Ultimate Backup (in BBW)
    Or a cloud service like Dropbox or OneDrive that will copy you images for an online backup.
    02-21-17 02:10 PM
    Thanks so much for willing to help. My main concern is messages, calendar and contacts. I can't do this manually.. will take years.
    Messages and other apps won't open at all. Just blinks and nothing coming up.
    Anyone had this before? Any other ideas?
    Update sucks!!
    02-21-17 03:40 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I am the one who posted the original question and thank you to everyone for the help. I was able to save to an SD card to save my photos. But kind of by chance, I figured out the problem and my phone works perfectly again - thankfully.

To get into any application, I had to restart my device and as soon as the home screen was available (i.e. within about 10 seconds) if I clicked on the file manager or settings, it would open...if I waited more than 10 seconds after restart, I would just get a flash and the app wouldn't open. This allowed me to copy files to an SD card in file manager.

But what I did was go into options and decrypt the whole device - I wanted to make sure the file copy wasn't going to be a problem. And voila, after decrypting and restarting my device, it is working perfectly. So I re-encrypted the device and everything is fine now. At least in my case, it seems something was not correct with the update and my encrypted phone - I have had Blackberry's that are encrypted for over 10 years and never had any problems after an update, but if anyone else is having this problem, perhaps this will work for you.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-21-17 08:19 PM