Howdy,

First time poster, long time user...or more like recently returned. I have scoured the nets, and for the life of me I cannot find the resolution for this issue. I attempt to purchase an app, I have added my card, I get this message about the payment method selected is not working and that I need to select another payment method. Of course, I got stuck in the loop,using different credit cards, then searching the Nets, refreshing the Blackberry World App, shutting the phone down and bringing it back up again and after 2 day's, I am frustrated and discombobulated. I should point out that this phone has been downloading apps through the appworld without any issue, just those requiring purchase are the effected apps. Also, still waiting for my nano sim card, so this phone does not have a sim card, so I do not know if that is causing the problem.

Anyone know?

Thank you all.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 11:19 PM
    I had once something like this happen, even purchases had worked before - had to call my carrier and they needed to update something on their servers...

So I'd get a sim card and try again

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 02:03 AM
    Thanks nimra for you response. I will update the forum as soon as I put in the sim card, should be in a couple of days.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 08:09 AM
    Well, didn't work. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am hopeful that there is a solution to this.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 08:46 PM
    I ran recall a thread that suggested a couple of things....dont know if they will solve your issue but worth trying.
    In BBW delete any current payment options and refresh BBW.
    Hard reboot device by holding power button down for about 20-30 seconds until red LED flashes and BlackBerry boot logo reappears.
    When device restarts enable location services on your device and confirm that your current location is accurate.
    Login to BBID and "refresh" your BBid...no need to change it but just verify your information username, password etc

Head back to BBW and try to add new payment option.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 10:48 PM
    Thanks Lusitano,
    It is not working. I have no clue what is going on. All my cards are good. I tried your method three different times, still not working. I wish there was some support that I could contact on this.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 09:50 AM
    Thanks Lusitano,
    It is not working. I have no clue what is going on. All my cards are good. I tried your method three different times, still not working. I wish there was some support that I could contact on this.

Posted via CB10
    Are you able to login to BBW online on PC and create payment account there? That would essentially rule out any device limitations. Worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-21-16 03:09 PM
    I have not been able to do that, it keeps sending me back to device and then it posts one of those apps that has you type in text to make sure you are human and when I answer the question after running, there is some sort of server error and this is happening in the Blackberry World websites it self. I thought there was an issue with the internet, but this is happening everywhere I try. I even disabled the WiFi and tried to use the phones data link.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 04:13 PM
    Would reinstalling BlackBerry World help at all.
    Apologies if you have already tried that.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 04:23 PM
    Hi Steve, I have not tried that. I will do that now.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 04:27 PM
    There is also a BlackBerry world recovery tool that might help.
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B3B7729D92828A

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    10-21-16 04:37 PM
    The Passport does not have an option that I could find that would allow me to delete the Blackberry World App. I even tried the long hold method but it did not work. I am at a loss here, but I am thankful for this feedback, never expected this hard time just to pay for an app.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 04:40 PM
    Have you tried the recovery tool.
    It installs an older version and then shows an upgrade back to the latest version.
    10-21-16 04:47 PM
    I tried to use the BlackBerry Protect feature. I could not find a recovery tool on Passport or research through the Internet. It offered the option to revert back to a backup file from another device, but I cannot do this since there is no mack up file or previous device. So this option is not available.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 05:04 PM
    The recovery tool is a download from the internet as opposed to an item on the Passport.- https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B3B7729D92828A -

I used this when I had payment issues in adding a paypal account to BBW and it sorted the issue.
    10-21-16 05:22 PM