Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

Blackberry World network error in Passport

Asked: Aug 10 2018 | 6:39 am EDT 4989 Views 41 Answers View Best Answer

I am have a Passport running OS 10.3,2,2836. All of a sudden, app download from Blackberry World has stopped working. Every time I try, I get a "network error" popup message. I am using wifi, which seems to be trouble-free - I am able to go to any web site I want with the browser on the same phone.

I need to back up my phone data on an urgent basis and therefore need to try out different backup apps, but cannot do so until the network error is taken care of. Would really appreciate some help.

Best Answer

Aug 10 2018 | 4:16 pm EDT tegar ramadhanu kariadinata

I am have a Passport running OS 10.3,2,2836. All of a sudden, app download from Blackberry World has stopped working. Every time I try, I get a "network error" popup message. I am using wifi, which seems to be trouble-free - I am able to go to any web site I want with the browser on the same phone.

I need to back up my phone data on an urgent basis and therefore need to try out different backup apps, but cannot do so until the network error is taken care of. Would really appreciate some help.
reinstall your blackberryworld with blackberry world fixer

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163

More Answers

Aug 10 2018 | 8:53 am EDT dorianxonic

I am having the same issue. All of the sudden I cannot download a single app, not on 4g nor WiFi. Exploring the store works but all downloads fail. This happened today.

Aug 10 2018 | 8:53 am EDT MeMeCe

Exactly the same here with Passport running latest OS (10.3.3.....). Probably Blackberry World is down? Or down for some locations? I´m in Europe (CZE). Simply cannot download any app i tried - getting the same network error message on both mobile data and wifi. Internet connection works, email sync, browsers etc. co the issue is only Blackberry World related. Tried BBWorldUtility to restore Blackberry World, no success, still the same.

Aug 10 2018 | 10:14 am EDT wlharper2

Same for me (Passport SE 10.3.3.1463 in the U.S.) Receiving an network error message when trying to download a new app from BBWORLD and also if I try to install a pending update. I saw where someone posted on Twitter to @blackberryhelp about 5 hrs ago that they were having the same issue.
Also tried on my old Z30, same issue...

Posted via CB10

Aug 10 2018 | 10:38 am EDT Aju

Facing the same issue. Any apps, not able to download. Even did reload os and also restarted. Same issue!
Seems bbw is down.
I am in UAE!

Posted via CB10

Aug 10 2018 | 10:42 am EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

There is an issue with BBID Servers.... both BlackBerry World and device activation are affected. Just have to try back later....

Aug 10 2018 | 3:33 pm EDT uxWare

looks like a 'preview' what will follow on the day of BB servers shutdown...

Aug 10 2018 | 4:47 pm EDT MeMeCe

No, as I wrote before, Blackberry World Fixer does NOT work. BB server for part of the world is very probable meny hours down. :-(

Aug 10 2018 | 5:10 pm EDT nathanielchristopher

I am also having this issue (BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.2836).

I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia and I haven't been able to download anything from BlackBerry World for the past few days.

I have tried every suggested fix on these forums without success... This is extremely frustrating and I hope BlackBerry offers a fix or at least an explanation.

Aug 10 2018 | 11:05 pm EDT ume_kun

I am using Q10 and same issue happened from today.

Posted via CB10

Aug 10 2018 | 11:21 pm EDT BerryRipe

Same issue here.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205
AT&T

Posted via CB10

Aug 11 2018 | 8:34 am EDT brucelee777

Thank you SO much for this thread!

Just got a new passport and figured it was a device issue and spent over 5 hours trying to resolve this (multiple wipes of OS, reading hundreds of posts, updated OS twice with sachesi, blackberry app world recovery tool, blah blah blah) until I found this post

I'll just have to be patient

Aug 11 2018 | 11:43 am EDT icrow

O...M....G......thank goodness for this thread...you have no idea the comedy of errors I just went through trying to fix this problem thinking it was me...

I had to do a autoload of my red Passport 3 days ago as it was acting up.

Autoloaded 10.3.3.3216 and everything seemed to be fine....was able to download from BB World a few apps such as free flashlight, WAAfixer etc...

Then I decided to autoload 10.3.3.3057 to play around with it....bam, BBWorld opens but is unable to download anything giving me the "network error"...

Tried BBWorld fixer v2, tried registering BB services, refreshing BB World etc, using Wifi only, using data only

Nothing worked. Ok, thinking it was 10.3.3.3057. Reloaded 10.3.3.3216 thinking something is wrong with the autoloader (which shouldn't be since it is from CB)...

Reloaded 10.3.3.3216 and now BBWorld isn't working again. Same network error. I'm thinking "wtf"

Then I thought it was maybe my Passport. So tried my Classic and it wasn't working as well.

Then I thought maybe it was my SIM...

oh my goodness, spent so much time trying to solve this....thank you for this thread!!

Aug 11 2018 | 12:20 pm EDT wlharper2

Yep, this has definitely been a frustrating issue. I fully realize we are in the EOL days for BB10, but we have not reached the shutdown date for BBW (http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/12/...-your-loyalty/). BB10 is on it's way out, but it's not dead yet. I'm not aware of any communication from BlackBerry to it's users and that compounds the frustration.
I contacted @blackberryhelp yesterday. Here is our interaction...
ME:
Having issues downloading anything from BlackBerry World. Any advice?
@blackberryhelp:
Thank you for reaching BlackBerry Help. Apologies for the inconvenience. I am happy to assist you with your concern. May I ask for the PIN/IMEI of the device? Please refer to this link: https://t.co/Vl9ckNsOEP ^DT

ME:
I've seen others reporting the same issue and I am experiencing the same error on multiple BB10 devices. Is there an issue with BlackBerry World?
@blackberryhelp:
Due to the complexity of the concern, it would be best to contact our support team here: https://t.co/7RhSnF93jI for further investigation. ^LS

Huh?!!?!? What complexity? It seem to be a yes or no question. Maybe I expect to much.

Posted via CB10

Aug 11 2018 | 1:45 pm EDT BerryRipe

You would think Bla1ze or CB Kevin would send out an email, I guess they are too busy promoting the Key2.

Posted via CB10

Aug 11 2018 | 2:07 pm EDT dondav

This is daunting....

Posted via CB10

Aug 11 2018 | 3:38 pm EDT Elephant_Canyon

Huh?!!?!? What complexity? It seem to be a yes or no question. Maybe I expect to much.
You were talking to a bot. Your question was outside the parameters of its preprogrammed responses.

Aug 11 2018 | 3:51 pm EDT wlharper2

Exactly,and with the level of AI capabilities today, I would have thought there would have been better/more interaction.
Again, I guess I expect too much.

Posted via CB10

Aug 11 2018 | 3:59 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

You would think Bla1ze or CB Kevin would send out an email, I guess they are too busy promoting the Key2.

Posted via CB10
CBK and Bla1ze do not represent BB Ltd in any way. They have the same information available that you or I do when it comes to BB Ltd. it’s not as if BB is sharing much information regarding BB10 ecosystem or its systemic devolution.

Aug 11 2018 | 4:00 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

Exactly,and with the level of AI capabilities today, I would have thought there would have been better/more interaction.
Again, I guess I expect too much.

Posted via CB10
You expect BB to waste any current money on BB10 support. Why? Exactly what does BB have to gain?

Aug 11 2018 | 4:09 pm EDT wlharper2

Exactly what does BB have to gain?
Nothing really to gain, but loss of customer confidence is something of value.

Posted via CB10

Aug 11 2018 | 4:16 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

Posted via CB10
What customers to give confidence to? It ended with the exit from consumer hardware and other consumer facing products. BB Ltd has already moved on...

Aug 11 2018 | 4:30 pm EDT Elephant_Canyon

You are no longer a customer of BlackBerry, Ltd. They have nothing more to sell to you.

Aug 11 2018 | 5:08 pm EDT markmall

You are no longer a customer of BlackBerry, Ltd. They have nothing more to sell to you.
What about the Key2? Don't they have an interest in that? Even if we don't know what percentage it is?

Aug 11 2018 | 5:25 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

What about the Key2? Don't they have an interest in that? Even if we don't know what percentage it is?
They’ve already been paid for their efforts regardless of what happens with Key line, Motion, Aurora, Evolve and BB Messenger from Emtek, BBMo/TCL, Optiemus and that BB PM something... BB has no ownership interest and only cares about four companies paying licensing revenue.

Aug 12 2018 | 2:03 am EDT markmall

They’ve already been paid for their efforts regardless of what happens with Key line, Motion, Aurora, Evolve and BB Messenger from Emtek, BBMo/TCL, Optiemus and that BB PM something... BB has no ownership interest and only cares about four companies paying licensing revenue.
Is that you? You look different.

I am sure that they still have some interest that is based upon performance. I can't imagine a joint venture that wasn't like this. BB is actively involved at least on the software end.

Posted via CB10

Aug 12 2018 | 9:48 am EDT Aju

problem still persists....no solutions ??

Aug 12 2018 | 10:28 am EDT Chuck Finley69

Is that you? You look different.

I am sure that they still have some interest that is based upon performance. I can't imagine a joint venture that wasn't like this. BB is actively involved at least on the software end.

Posted via CB10
If this was a true joint venture. BBs involved but appear to get paid regardless of BBMo success or failure. If they didn’t care about BBAndroid users of the PRIV and DTEK, then BB10 users are definitely not on their radar in regards to BBW.

I switched avatars. I’ll have to find some new ones....

Aug 12 2018 | 10:37 am EDT berry1977

Beavis n Butthead are now representives of BlackBerry

Aug 12 2018 | 10:38 am EDT Chuck Finley69

Has anyone complaining bothered to open support ticket? How else would BB know there’s even a problem?

Aug 12 2018 | 10:41 am EDT mikael11

There are plenty of support tickets and messages to blackberry help!

Posted via CB10

Aug 12 2018 | 1:40 pm EDT icrow

Seems to be working for me now....based in Toronto Canada.

On a Classic on 10.3.3.3216

Aug 12 2018 | 7:35 pm EDT nathanielchristopher

I could download about an hour ago but now it's down again.

I am in Vancouver.

Posted via CB10