I am have a Passport running OS 10.3,2,2836. All of a sudden, app download from Blackberry World has stopped working. Every time I try, I get a "network error" popup message. I am using wifi, which seems to be trouble-free - I am able to go to any web site I want with the browser on the same phone.

I need to back up my phone data on an urgent basis and therefore need to try out different backup apps, but cannot do so until the network error is taken care of. Would really appreciate some help.
    08-10-18 07:39 AM
    I am have a Passport running OS 10.3,2,2836. All of a sudden, app download from Blackberry World has stopped working. Every time I try, I get a "network error" popup message. I am using wifi, which seems to be trouble-free - I am able to go to any web site I want with the browser on the same phone.

I need to back up my phone data on an urgent basis and therefore need to try out different backup apps, but cannot do so until the network error is taken care of. Would really appreciate some help.
    reinstall your blackberryworld with blackberry world fixer

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    08-10-18 09:38 AM
    I am having the same issue. All of the sudden I cannot download a single app, not on 4g nor WiFi. Exploring the store works but all downloads fail. This happened today.
    08-10-18 09:53 AM
    Exactly the same here with Passport running latest OS (10.3.3.....). Probably Blackberry World is down? Or down for some locations? I´m in Europe (CZE). Simply cannot download any app i tried - getting the same network error message on both mobile data and wifi. Internet connection works, email sync, browsers etc. co the issue is only Blackberry World related. Tried BBWorldUtility to restore Blackberry World, no success, still the same.
    08-10-18 09:53 AM
    08-10-18 10:03 AM
    Same for me (Passport SE 10.3.3.1463 in the U.S.) Receiving an network error message when trying to download a new app from BBWORLD and also if I try to install a pending update. I saw where someone posted on Twitter to @blackberryhelp about 5 hrs ago that they were having the same issue.
    Also tried on my old Z30, same issue...

Posted via CB10
    08-10-18 11:14 AM
    Facing the same issue. Any apps, not able to download. Even did reload os and also restarted. Same issue!
    Seems bbw is down.
    I am in UAE!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-18 11:38 AM
    There is an issue with BBID Servers.... both BlackBerry World and device activation are affected. Just have to try back later....
    08-10-18 11:42 AM
    looks like a 'preview' what will follow on the day of BB servers shutdown...
    BerryRipe and pdr733 like this.
    08-10-18 04:33 PM
  11. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I dont get the erorr

08-10-18 05:07 PM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar

reinstall your blackberryworld with blackberry world fixer

08-10-18 05:16 PM
    No, as I wrote before, Blackberry World Fixer does NOT work. BB server for part of the world is very probable meny hours down. :-(
    08-10-18 05:47 PM
    I am also having this issue (BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.2836).

I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia and I haven't been able to download anything from BlackBerry World for the past few days.

I have tried every suggested fix on these forums without success... This is extremely frustrating and I hope BlackBerry offers a fix or at least an explanation.
    08-10-18 06:10 PM
    I am using Q10 and same issue happened from today.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 12:05 AM
    Same issue here.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205
    AT&T

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 12:21 AM
    When will it be fixed
    08-11-18 09:20 AM
    Thank you SO much for this thread!

Just got a new passport and figured it was a device issue and spent over 5 hours trying to resolve this (multiple wipes of OS, reading hundreds of posts, updated OS twice with sachesi, blackberry app world recovery tool, blah blah blah) until I found this post

I'll just have to be patient
    08-11-18 09:34 AM
    Same with me hahaha
    08-11-18 11:19 AM
    O...M....G......thank goodness for this thread...you have no idea the comedy of errors I just went through trying to fix this problem thinking it was me...

I had to do a autoload of my red Passport 3 days ago as it was acting up.

Autoloaded 10.3.3.3216 and everything seemed to be fine....was able to download from BB World a few apps such as free flashlight, WAAfixer etc...

Then I decided to autoload 10.3.3.3057 to play around with it....bam, BBWorld opens but is unable to download anything giving me the "network error"...

Tried BBWorld fixer v2, tried registering BB services, refreshing BB World etc, using Wifi only, using data only

Nothing worked. Ok, thinking it was 10.3.3.3057. Reloaded 10.3.3.3216 thinking something is wrong with the autoloader (which shouldn't be since it is from CB)...

Reloaded 10.3.3.3216 and now BBWorld isn't working again. Same network error. I'm thinking "wtf"

Then I thought it was maybe my Passport. So tried my Classic and it wasn't working as well.

Then I thought maybe it was my SIM...

oh my goodness, spent so much time trying to solve this....thank you for this thread!!
    08-11-18 12:43 PM
    Yep, this has definitely been a frustrating issue. I fully realize we are in the EOL days for BB10, but we have not reached the shutdown date for BBW (http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/12/...-your-loyalty/). BB10 is on it's way out, but it's not dead yet. I'm not aware of any communication from BlackBerry to it's users and that compounds the frustration.
    I contacted @blackberryhelp yesterday. Here is our interaction...
    ME:
    Having issues downloading anything from BlackBerry World. Any advice?
    @blackberryhelp:
    Thank you for reaching BlackBerry Help. Apologies for the inconvenience. I am happy to assist you with your concern. May I ask for the PIN/IMEI of the device? Please refer to this link: https://t.co/Vl9ckNsOEP ^DT

ME:
    I've seen others reporting the same issue and I am experiencing the same error on multiple BB10 devices. Is there an issue with BlackBerry World?
    @blackberryhelp:
    Due to the complexity of the concern, it would be best to contact our support team here: https://t.co/7RhSnF93jI for further investigation. ^LS

Huh?!!?!? What complexity? It seem to be a yes or no question. Maybe I expect to much.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-11-18 01:20 PM
    You would think Bla1ze or CB Kevin would send out an email, I guess they are too busy promoting the Key2.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 02:45 PM
    This is daunting....

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 03:07 PM
    Huh?!!?!? What complexity? It seem to be a yes or no question. Maybe I expect to much.
    You were talking to a bot. Your question was outside the parameters of its preprogrammed responses.
    08-11-18 04:38 PM
    Exactly,and with the level of AI capabilities today, I would have thought there would have been better/more interaction.
    Again, I guess I expect too much.

Posted via CB10
    pthalmann likes this.
    08-11-18 04:51 PM
    You would think Bla1ze or CB Kevin would send out an email, I guess they are too busy promoting the Key2.

Posted via CB10
    CBK and Bla1ze do not represent BB Ltd in any way. They have the same information available that you or I do when it comes to BB Ltd. it’s not as if BB is sharing much information regarding BB10 ecosystem or its systemic devolution.
    08-11-18 04:59 PM
42 12