I ordered a refurbished Samsung S7 Active as a spare phone (because I can't find a Motion at a decent price).
    Is there a way to install the BB VKB on it?
    I'm sure I have read forums about this, but doing a search did not find one.
    I appreciate any info.
    Thanks in advance.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    03-23-19 10:40 PM
    03-24-19 12:37 AM
    Thank you VERY much. I just received the phone today and have to charge it up. Then I will follow the instructions.
    Happy 😊
    03-24-19 08:09 PM
    Works perfectly on my LG G7. A little bit of BB10 goodness.
    03-25-19 12:28 PM
    Works perfectly on my LG G7. A little bit of BB10 goodness.
    Well, it's really a shame that the Android BB VKB didn't carry over those chrome frets from the BB10 one.

It was a tiny design detail but it looked wayyy better than any other VKB.

Maybe they removed them so that predicted words that appear between the rows are more legible?
    03-25-19 08:58 PM
    It took me quite a while to transition from my Motion
    to the S7 Active. As I set it up from scratch instead of copying from the Motion, it was a lot of work to sort out the apps I needed.
    Finally I downloaded the BlackBerry Manager from Cobalt as you suggested a few days ago, and got brave and put in my primary SIM card and my SD card.
    First thing I did was download the BlackBerry Keyboard. What a relief!!!
    Today I did the Hub+.
    Suddenly I like the Samsung!!
    Thanks so much!!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion>S7 active
    05-16-19 03:36 PM
    Yeah, Cobalt's suite was the first thing I did after moving from Z10 to LG G7. Had to have the BB Keyboard, but found the BB Launcher less than ideal. Using Evie for now.

Still fighting duplicate apps (Calendars, Contacts, etc), and figuring out the whole Android mess. Each time I go back to my Z10 for something (even if it's just to use as an alarm clock), I sigh about what could have been.
    05-17-19 02:54 PM
    Yeah, Cobalt's suite was the first thing I did after moving from Z10 to LG G7. Had to have the BB Keyboard, but found the BB Launcher less than ideal. Using Evie for now.

Still fighting duplicate apps (Calendars, Contacts, etc), and figuring out the whole Android mess. Each time I go back to my Z10 for something (even if it's just to use as an alarm clock), I sigh about what could have been.
    Yes, I miss BB10 too! Especially the Z30. Android is very complex. Too many choices and settings. Like a buffet!!
    One thing I did learn, that might help you. The "help" button has some instructions. They say once you have set up your accounts on BlackBerry Hub+, you should either stop syncing or delete the accounts not on the Hub.
    I just did that. Hopefully it will work properly.
    There certainly is a learning curve! I'm so happy to have the BB keyboard though!!

05-17-19 10:31 PM
    I BlackBerryfied my S8 when I got it almost 2 years ago. Did the same with my current S9 (when an unfortunate drop forced me to update sooner than I wanted).

Added most of the suite apps and keyboard. I tried the launcher, but prefer to use Nova Launcher. I like it's notification number badges butter than even Samsung's own badges. Mostly because I can set a custom color of that nice deep red that matches the BB spark. I

I also prefer numbers over just a spark.

As for competing calendar and email apps? Just ignore them. I simply don't use the other stock apps. And, I don't place them on my app screens. The calendar app does pick up whatever accounts are put in the phone, but the email app stays blank until you tell it which accounts to show. I just use the Hub for all my emails.
    05-18-19 12:24 AM
    I BlackBerryfied my S8 when I got it almost 2 years ago. Did the same with my current S9 (when an unfortunate drop forced me to update sooner than I wanted).

Added most of the suite apps and keyboard. I tried the launcher, but prefer to use Nova Launcher. I like it's notification number badges butter than even Samsung's own badges. Mostly because I can set a custom color of that nice deep red that matches the BB spark. I

I also prefer numbers over just a spark.

As for competing calendar and email apps? Just ignore them. I simply don't use the other stock apps. And, I don't place them on my app screens. The calendar app does pick up whatever accounts are put in the phone, but the email app stays blank until you tell it which accounts to show. I just use the Hub for all my emails.
    The only problem I'm having with Nova Launcher is I can't get the number badges to work for Hub Emails. It works for calendar, contacts, and NY Times, but not emails. I contacted them, but didn't get much help because I had already done what they suggested.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

05-18-19 07:17 AM
    The only problem I'm having with Nova Launcher is I can't get the number badges to work for Hub Emails. It works for calendar, contacts, and NY Times, but not emails. I contacted them, but didn't get much help because I had already done what they suggested.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

My understanding is the developer of the number badges app moved it off Playstore to avoid the Google changes that killed it (and also forced BlackBerry to revamp the Hub into an Inbox).
    05-18-19 07:23 AM
    Originally, Nova had just the badges, but you needed a separate app, TeslaUnread, which was only available with the paid Nova Prime, to get the numbers.

But a couple months back, Nova was updated and added the numbers into the main Nova app, and Unread isn't used anymore. Although you can still chose whether to use the internal numbers or TeslaUnread.

I don't know of anything special to do, it always worked for the Hub/Inbox for me.
    05-18-19 08:34 AM
    I do have the paid Nova Prime. I wonder if I have to uninstall something and reinstall it. I'll keep trying!! LOL. otherwise I like Nova.
    05-18-19 09:19 AM
    I BlackBerryfied my S8 when I got it
    So... you got the keyboard case?
    05-18-19 11:00 PM
    So... you got the keyboard case?
    Meaning, I loaded the BlackBerry Hub Suite and the BlackBerry vkb app on it.
    05-19-19 12:04 AM
    Meaning, I loaded the BlackBerry Hub Suite and the BlackBerry vkb app on it.
    You had basically the only slab that had a PKB case available for it lol... I would have been way too curious not to try it
    05-19-19 12:44 AM
    You had basically the only slab that had a PKB case available for it lol... I would have been way too curious not to try it
    I know they had it for the S7, but I don't think they made one for the S8. Either way, I had heard bad things about the one for the S7. It was basically a cover over the vkb, with those capacitive pads under the key pressing the same letter on the screen under the key. So, there was all that extra thickness over the screen. It also looked really cheap.
    05-19-19 10:17 AM
    I know they had it for the S7, but I don't think they made one for the S8. Either way, I had heard bad things about the one for the S7. It was basically a cover over the vkb, with those capacitive pads under the key pressing the same letter on the screen under the key. So, there was all that extra thickness over the screen. It also looked really cheap.
    The one for the S8/S8+/Note 8 looked way WAY better than the one for the S7.

The Note 8 case is basically impossible to find except for the English/Korean version, but the S8 and S8+ cases can still be found.

I think its worth a try if you still have the S8, I've always ben curious as to how they felt in every day use.
    05-19-19 11:18 AM
    The one for the S8/S8+/Note 8 looked way WAY better than the one for the S7.

The Note 8 case is basically impossible to find except for the English/Korean version, but the S8 and S8+ cases can still be found.

I think its worth a try if you still have the S8, I've always ben curious as to how they felt in every day use.
    My S8 is done with the screen totally shot. That's why I'm on an S9 now. My son's S8 is also cracked but still works. But it's just a stand by phone for us now.

I didnt know there was a keyboard for the S8.
    05-19-19 01:02 PM
    My S8 is done with the screen totally shot. That's why I'm on an S9 now. My son's S8 is also cracked but still works. But it's just a stand by phone for us now.

I didnt know there was a keyboard for the S8.
    I'm actually having a hard time finding one for the standard S8, but there are some left on Amazon for the S8+
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJ5XMPB...UvbUpU13392671
    05-19-19 02:31 PM