Hello, I have a blackberry torch 9860, just turned it on after about 5 years, I am trying to login using my blackberry ID, but for some reason it says invalid, I am using correct blackberry ID and password, I even tried logging on blackberry.com/bbid and everything is correct, I even did a reset using the website, tried to login with new credentials on phone, and still getting error.

Is there a way to get in my phone without doing a wipe? even if I have to change password in the phone itself? because I found a temporary wayaround by calling emergency then putting call on background, this way it exploits and lets me inside the phone like i bypassed the blackberry ID login page.

Thank you
    08-29-19 11:27 AM
    Check if your carrier supports BIS still. Problem is if BIS not supported by carrier then there is no data connection.

In US, Chicago, AT&T is last to still support it. I use a BB9900 as my main driver. However AT&T I think is ending their BIS support in 2020.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-19 12:56 AM
    But I don't think I ever registered on BIS, or is it the server that it requests info from?
    And if my carrier doesn't support it, what other options do I have except from travelling to a country which has AT&T ? I really don't want to lose my data.
    08-30-19 02:14 AM
    But I don't think I ever registered on BIS, or is it the server that it requests info from?
    And if my carrier doesn't support it, what other options do I have except from travelling to a country which has AT&T ? I really don't want to lose my data.
    BIS was and is the data service that allows the device to function normally. How, where and who did you purchase your device from?
    08-30-19 06:16 AM
    BIS was and is the data service that allows the device to function normally. How, where and who did you purchase your device from?
    I really don't know, I got the phone from my dad as a gift. I think back then there was something called BES and not BIS, but I have a blackberry ID though.
    08-30-19 06:20 AM
    Does the phone still have it’s old SIM card inside? Then I’d go to old carrier and reactivate the device. I don’t bother asking for BIS or BES, since most reps won’t be familiar with. I reactivated old AT&T carrier sold and branded Torch 9860 in store. While the rep had no clue, the activation system and the SIM card knew exactly what to do.
    08-30-19 07:03 AM
    I really don't know, I got the phone from my dad as a gift. I think back then there was something called BES and not BIS, but I have a blackberry ID though.
    If it is setup for BES then it has some IT policy to work with your dad's (I assume) company that had the IT policy installed. It is not easy task to reset the IT Policy and doing so wipes the data: however, see if you can hook up the phone to a computer and see if that mounts it as a drive so that you can transfer data (such as pictures) off of it---assuming there is no IT policy active to prevent you from mounting it to a computer.

In any case you may need this software to sync:
    https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ware-downloads

and download the desktop software for OS 7.1 and below.
    08-30-19 07:03 AM
    If it is setup for BES then it has some IT policy to work with your dad's (I assume) company that had the IT policy installed. It is not easy task to reset the IT Policy and doing so wipes the data: however, see if you can hook up the phone to a computer and see if that mounts it as a drive so that you can transfer data (such as pictures) off of it---assuming there is no IT policy active to prevent you from mounting it to a computer.

This stuff too. Jason here is a real tech guy... I’m just a business user and simple. Jason loves tech stuff and Linux etc. When I hear Linux, all I think of is Charlie Brown, Linus, Peanuts, the Great Pumpkin and think somebody misspelled the name....

Thanks Jason as I’m way far away from my comfort zone....
    08-30-19 07:08 AM
    I’m way far away from my comfort zone....
    I can understand you being uncomfortable with Dorian bearing down on ya, stay safe!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-19 07:18 AM
    I can understand you being uncomfortable with Dorian bearing down on ya, stay safe!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Ben.
    08-30-19 07:23 AM
    Does the phone still have it’s old SIM card inside? Then I’d go to old carrier and reactivate the device. I don’t bother asking for BIS or BES, since most reps won’t be familiar with. I reactivated old AT&T carrier sold and branded Torch 9860 in store. While the rep had no clue, the activation system and the SIM card knew exactly what to do.
    No, it doesn't have the SIM card inside. But I think I found the first and only SIM that was used in the device, but it was cut into a smaller shape to fit my Samsung phone that I started using after the blackberry. Will Blackberry ID recognize me if I put the SIM and not ask for my BB login?
    08-30-19 07:27 AM

I tried connecting it to my laptop, and it doesn't recognize the blackberry phone, I even used the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    Could be the cause that I am not using original blackberry cable? because I am using Anker Micro USB cable.
    08-30-19 07:30 AM
    Google how to:
    "transfer files blackberry torch 9860 Bluetooth"

Chuck: I still consider myself a noob at a lot of stuff and a jack at others. But thank you!
    08-30-19 08:03 AM
    Google how to:
    "transfer files blackberry torch 9860 Bluetooth"

Chuck: I still consider myself a noob at a lot of stuff and a jack at others. But thank you!
    I can't do that unless I have access to the phone.. I only get the BBID login page when I start the phone.

Is there something in the options I can do to disable this BBID login page?
    08-30-19 08:09 AM
    Re-reading your initial post, sounds to me a catch 22. I don't recall whether you can connect wifi before signing in the ID --- you should be able to do Wifi connect and get past this point.
    08-30-19 08:20 AM
    Re-reading your initial post, sounds to me a catch 22. I don't recall whether you can connect wifi before signing in the ID --- you should be able to do Wifi connect and get past this point.
    I did manage to connect to a wifi by calling emergency then put it in background, thankfully no one was responding so I had enough time to do all this.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    08-30-19 08:23 AM