I have accidentally activated the steaming of System logs onto my device. It has taken a huge amount of space on my device, and I want to delete it so I get all my space back. Any suggestions on how to get this done?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 08:14 AM
    Settings/Security and Privacy/BlackBerry Software Logging Tool/Tap Streaming/Turn off what you don't want logged and Tap the Stop Streaming button at the bottom.
    You can then Delete the "bbswlt" folder via File Manager from which ever location was selected in the above settings.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-04-16 08:31 AM
    Settings/Security and Privacy/BlackBerry Software Logging Tool/Tap Streaming/Turn off what you don't want logged and Tap the Stop Streaming button at the bottom.
    You can then Delete the "bbswlt" folder via File Manager from which ever location was selected in the above settings.
    Thanks for the information. I deleted all the "bbswlt" files, but when on the streaming page, under Saved Location, it still says 23 GB of space is being used on the Device.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 09:39 AM
    Thanks for the information. I deleted all the "bbswlt" files, but when on the streaming page, under Saved Location, it still says 23 GB of space is being used on the Device.

Posted via CB10
    28GB..... Passport?
    It was streaming to Device?
    No SD card?

Use the Device Monitor / Storage, wait for all the fields to populate and show on the pie chart, take a screen shot, and post it here.

It could also be a stuck cache.
    Have you performed a Soft Reset on the device?
    Soft Reset = same as a Hard Reset for non-removable battery devices aka a Battery Pull.
    To perform a Soft Reset on a BlackBerry Passport:
    1. Press and hold the power button for more than 10 seconds.
    2. The device will turn off.
    3. Wait a few second after it has powered off and release the power button.
    4. Then press the power button for one second.
    5. The device will now boot up.

What this does is simulates a battery pull.
    It deletes all caches, clears running memory, shuts off all background apps and services, and power off the device.
    It does not delete any files, contacts, settings, apps, or messages. This will generally fix any corrupt caches or buggy apps.
    If a cache was stuck and ballooning on it's own gobbling up memory, it will be cleared out.
    NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after a Soft Reset, due to the system working hard rebuilding caches and restarting background apps and services, so it is best to just let it sit for five minutes after it has booted up before you continue to trouble shoot.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 08-04-16 at 10:50 AM.
    08-04-16 10:38 AM
    28GB..... Passport?
    No SD card?

Use the Device Monitor / Storage, wait for all the fields to populate and show on the pie chart, take a screen shot, and post it here.
    32 GB Passport
    It did stream to device - my mistake, I set it up that way by mistake
    Yes, I also have an SD card.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 10:42 AM
    28GB..... Passport?
    No SD card?

BlackBerry Software Logging Tool-img_20160804_114242.png

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 10:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160804_114242.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	405523

Posted via CB10
    Perform the Soft Reset as described in my edited post above.
    08-04-16 10:51 AM
    Perform the Soft Reset as described in my edited post above.
    Tried the soft reset. Unfortunately, no luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 01:14 PM
    Hum... well the only thing I know to do at this point would be to perform a full backup and wipe the Passport with an Autoloader.
    Your System should really only be 5.5-ish-gb at the absolute max.

Unless someone else has an idea how to fix it non-destructively?
    08-04-16 02:39 PM
    Hum... well the only thing I know to do at this point would be to perform a full backup and wipe the Passport with an Autoloader.
    Your System should really only be 5.5-ish-gb at the absolute max.

Unless someone else has an idea how to fix it non-destructively?
    If I have everything backed up, I could so a security wipe from the phone, could I not? I am not sure what you mean by an Autolaoder. Thanks for all the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 03:31 PM
    If I have everything backed up, I could so a security wipe from the phone, could I not? I am not sure what you mean by an Autolaoder. Thanks for all the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Security wipe will get the job done, however that process can sometimes take many hours and even as bad as many days to complete.

An autoloader is a "recovery" OS injector you run from a computer that will very quickly overwrite/wipe your BlackBerry with a fresh OS version within the autoloader. It performs this task at what is called the bootrom level, meaning it installs an OS even if the device is glitched, power cycling, or in a fault mode.
    See:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/

NOTE: After BBOS 10.3.2.500, attempting to autoload an earlier version than your current version will trip the anti-theft protection and brick the device. Always use an autoloader that has your current OS version or newer.

If you do not feel comfortable using an autoloader, then you can either to the on-device Security Wipe (just make sure you have it connected to a charger) or use the BlackBerry Link desktop software to perform the back up and then choose Preferences/Reload Device Software.
    08-04-16 04:49 PM
    Security wipe will get the job done, however that process can sometimes take many hours and even as bad as many days to complete.

An autoloader is a "recovery" OS injector you run from a computer that will very quickly overwrite/wipe your BlackBerry with a fresh OS version within the autoloader. It performs this task at what is called the bootrom level, meaning it installs an OS even if the device is glitched, power cycling, or in a fault mode.
    See:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/

NOTE: After BBOS 10.3.2.500, attempting to autoload an earlier version than your current version will trip the anti-theft protection and brick the device. Always use an autoloader that has your current OS version or newer.

If you do not feel comfortable using an autoloader, then you can either to the on-device Security Wipe (just make sure you have it connected to a charger) or use the BlackBerry Link desktop software to perform the back up and then choose Preferences/Reload Device Software.
    Thanks for all your help. Got things all fixed.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-05-16 08:31 AM