Why is BlackBerry destroying its image & future by boycotting social media platform?. Why is BlackBerry inflicting it's customers with such Cruelty?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-20 03:52 AM
    You know the left the phone busness right? You are not a BB customer anymore either
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-20 04:29 AM
    You know the left the phone busness right? You are not a BB customer anymore either
    Except if you are a personal or business subscriber to Blackberry software and services. And that can be subscribed to on another Android phone using the same account with Google, and then upgraded installed on a Blackberry key2 or keyone or whatever other Android Blackberry you have. Because you are paid subscriber you are still BlackBerry customer
    07-16-20 05:27 AM
    Why is BlackBerry destroying its image & future by boycotting social media platform?. Why is BlackBerry inflicting it's customers with such Cruelty?

Posted via CB10
    What does this even mean?

How are they "boycotting"?

Which BlackBerry? BlackBerry Ltd., or BlackBerry Mobile?

Which "social media platform"?

How is any of it "cruel" to anyone?
    Byrese likes this.
    07-16-20 08:04 AM
    Except if you are a personal or business subscriber to Blackberry software and services. And that can be subscribed to on another Android phone using the same account with Google, and then upgraded installed on a Blackberry key2 or keyone or whatever other Android Blackberry you have. Because you are paid subscriber you are still BlackBerry customer
    My guess is they have already wrote those customers off...

As for the OP statements... TCL who ran BlackBerry Mobile who has been the face of BlackBerry smartphones in most of the world for the last three years, and who did most the online social media interaction. Is done, next month they will stop selling phones... not that they have much inventory left. So not much for them to say, except bye.

BlackBerry Ltd... is still posting stuff in their Social Media accounts... it's just all security, automotive or enterprise software related. Because that's what they do...
    07-16-20 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    The last BB10 device was launched over 5 years ago. The social media companies chose not to support the platform - not the other way around. This is one of the many reasons why BB10 was not successful.
    07-16-20 08:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    "In politics nothing happens by accident, if something happens a certain way, you can bet it was planned that way." F.D.R.

And surprise! The same is true in business.

If I have a competitor and I want to help push them over the edge, I lean on the platforms we both use to block my competitors, and if I can push hard enough, hey presto, they're gone!
    Last edited by GordH; 07-17-20 at 02:24 PM.
    07-17-20 02:11 PM
    "In politics nothing happens by accident, if something happens a certain way, you can bet it was planned that way." F.D.R.

If I have a competitor and I want to help push them over the edge, I lean on the platforms we both use to block my competitors, and if I can push hard enough, hey presto, they're gone!
    ...wow...

However, considering that the OP is not really clear on the question, I'm not sure how what you said even relates.
    pdr733 likes this.
    07-17-20 02:25 PM

Doesn't hurt if my competitor is five years behind with ZERO userbase.... there is no wonder that developer didn't waste time on BB10 and lost interest in BBOS.
    07-17-20 02:35 PM
    Doesn't hurt if my competitor is five years behind with ZERO userbase.... there is no wonder that developer didn't waste time on BB10 and lost interest in BBOS.
    Yes, self-destruction of one's enemies is always preferable. Sun Tzu wrote the book on that a long time ago.
    07-17-20 03:22 PM