04-13-15 10:32 PM
55 123
tools
    Shhhhh the platform defense squad will descend upon this thread like a plague!

Also, as bobshine said, BB10 has had 5+ very nice updates in the same time other OSs gave 2 or 3.
    04-10-15 08:20 PM
    Lol any software is going to have bugs and require patches and updates. Some companies are quicker in releasing these fixes than others. But I think the point being made in the post you quoted has more to do with a manufacturer keeping older hardware up to date. Apple releases new devices running the latest software, of course, but also releases that latest software as an update for much older devices, to keep them relevant and as up to date as possible with the newest features. iOS 8 is today in 2015, supporting and running on devices that were originally released in 2011.
    04-11-15 03:44 AM
    Lol any software is going to have bugs and require patches and updates. Some companies are quicker in releasing these fixes than others. But I think the point being made in the post you quoted has more to do with a manufacturer keeping older hardware up to date. Apple releases new devices running the latest software, of course, but also releases that latest software as an update for much older devices, to keep them relevant and as up to date as possible with the newest features. iOS 8 is today in 2015, supporting and running on devices that were originally released in 2011.
    Last I checked, the Z10 and Q10 (the very first BB10 devices) have gotten the same updates that the newer devices have, so I don't know why the comparison of how Apple provides upgrades to its older devices is even being made. Yes, the new OS updates don't come out the same day the new devices with the new OS is released, but they do come so it's not like the older BB10 devices aren't being supported with OS updates.

We just keep going round and round in threads like this. I don't think BlackBerry intentionally wants its users in the US to have a different OS and experience then Canada or elsewhere, but until BlackBerry can negotiate with the carriers (we all know that's never gonna happen) to be allowed to push OS updates on their timeline this is always going to be a problem.
    04-11-15 07:06 AM
    I live in Cameroon. I have a Q5, though I bought it in Canada. Make sure you are using the proper autoloader and everything. But in reality, it could just be a bad download. Try re-downloading it and see. I know another person here in Cameroon with a BB10 that has 10.3 and it works fine
    04-11-15 07:21 AM
    I never faced any issue with this brand, I love blackberry
    04-13-15 10:32 PM
55 123