Download the 10.3.1.2708 autoloader again and try it one more time. Do not do a restore. Start fresh.
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...wiBHMM57VaVMQ/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:49 AM
    Sorry. What is wrong with the OS? Even on Q10 it just works fine! Considering the fact you are not an app guy why does the update matter? BlackBerry 10 is sound and slick! I have curve, Q10, Z10, Z30 and a passport all working just fine! The reason others release updates is because of their OS. Just because another competitor releases updates more frequently than BlackBerry, doesn't mean they are superior. They do it because their own system is crap!

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 is cool irrespective but don't forget that the iphone doesn't release os because they have crappy system, they do it because they offer customers of their previous devices the same experience as the latest. App is not my thing, part of the reason I moved from a samsung device to the q10 but OS on the other is a guarantee that you'll never be stock on yesterday when the world is moving ahead. It shows the quality of a brand which states " Even if we seed our latest software out to previous devices, we are incline to give you much more in the present device."

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:04 AM
    I'm not sure I understand what you are complaining about specifically.

Are you unhappy with 10.3.1 itself because you seem to have charging issues after loading the OS yourself, or are you mad at your carrier for not providing the official update?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281

Here is my problem: when I call someone, I can speak and can be heared but I can't hear the waiting ringtone before the person take the call neither what the person is saying. I can only do so if I turn on the loudspeaker or put the headphones.
    What can I do to solve this? I tried to turn off the phone, take off the battery but it didn't work.
    Can someone help me, please?
    Thank you in advance for considering my problem.

from ma awesome BB Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2576
    04-09-15 11:11 AM

Here is my problem: when I call someone, I can speak and can be heared but I can't hear the waiting ringtone before the person take the call neither what the person is saying. I can only do so if I turn on the loudspeaker or put the headphones.
    What can I do to solve this? I tried to turn off the phone, take off the battery but it didn't work.

Does your speaker work otherwise - like when you play music?

Edit: I just read your question again. I'm not sure what's happening, but maybe you should try my advice of downloading an autoloader and trying a clean install. Barring a hardware problem, there's not much more you can do.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Last edited by conite; 04-09-15 at 11:38 AM.
    04-09-15 11:17 AM
    Download the 10.3.1.2708 autoloader again and try it one more time. Do not do a restore. Start fresh.
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...wiBHMM57VaVMQ/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Just followed the link but Z10 doesn't have STL 100-4.?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 12:18 PM
    Just followed the link but Z10 doesn't have STL 100-4.?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's there.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-09-15 12:36 PM
    Bb10 is cool irrespective but don't forget that the iphone doesn't release os because they have crappy system, they do it because they offer customers of their previous devices the same experience as the latest. App is not my thing, part of the reason I moved from a samsung device to the q10 but OS on the other is a guarantee that you'll never be stock on yesterday when the world is moving ahead. It shows the quality of a brand which states " Even if we seed our latest software out to previous devices, we are incline to give you much more in the present device."

Posted via CB10
    My two cents. You don't need to fix stuff which working! BlackBerry does work hard to bring more features not to fix issues users have on their apps. This will be an endless debate!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 12:43 PM
    In two years, we had 6 major OS... 5 major updates (10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.3, 10.3.1) and you're still complaining that updates aren't coming or non existant?

Did you know that Android Lollipop was released in November 2014 and they are just receiving the updates now? When was 10.3.1 released???

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-09-15 12:49 PM
    Over all I think the author is being a bit harsh. The title of this thread could have been "I need some help upgrading my OS."

My experience with upgrades over the last 2 years has been good. I prefer the autoloader method because it's simple. I haven't had a problem yet. Just my experience.
    04-09-15 01:04 PM
    had 10.3.1 on passport didn't like it after a few issues just not able to deal with and reverted to 10.3.0 works so much better for me. Every software has its give and takes having used ios android and BB i have had the same problem on all 3 software does good and bad things and learned my lesson of only upgrade if a fix is needed for a glitch.
    Last edited by NamelessStar; 04-09-15 at 01:58 PM.
    04-09-15 01:18 PM
    U have a point
    04-09-15 01:41 PM
    I myself don't understand the "gotta upgrade" mentality . The phone use to work. Then a leak not a official one. Then it broke.........
    My phone works fine on the shipped os (z30) I'm not in any hurry to roll the dice.
    My girlfriend updated her s5 and was angry at it for over a week. So they all can get buggy. Relax and enjoy your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 04:24 PM
    I myself don't understand the "gotta upgrade" mentality . The phone use to work. Then a leak not a official one. Then it broke.........
    My phone works fine on the shipped os (z30) I'm not in any hurry to roll the dice.
    My girlfriend updated her s5 and was angry at it for over a week. So they all can get buggy. Relax and enjoy your phone.

Posted via CB10
    The S5 upgrade is a huge mess. Some providers started to pull it.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 06:45 PM
    My two cents. You don't need to fix stuff which working! BlackBerry does work hard to bring more features not to fix issues users have on their apps. This will be an endless debate!

Posted via CB10
    It's the responsibility of the developers to fix their own app issues. But some of the core apps that need more work are built by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Sonda Santiago likes this.
    04-09-15 06:53 PM
    I'm still not clear why "BlackBerry is shameless".
    It's CrackBerry - the land of melodramatic, armchair CEO, Chicken-Little types.
    04-09-15 08:24 PM
    In two years, we had 6 major OS... 5 major updates (10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.3, 10.3.1) and you're still complaining that updates aren't coming or non existant?
    Oh, you know the counter-argument... BlackBerry is so far behind they need to make updates faster just to make the devices usable...

Then there will be people who will complain that there are too many updates...
    04-09-15 08:42 PM
    Sorry for the thread head guys but they keep talking about moving forward the brand but they themselves are holding it back. Slow os update or should I say "no os update" in my case. I know it's not easy developing a bug free software but i expect them to say something about what is really going on with the updates. Same as they did when bbm went worldwide, I love this brand too much but they are forcing my hand, am not worried about apps or the likes not being on BlackBerry but they should stop! make qnx look like a failure. Fix the damn os and seed it out. By the way am in nigeria and my phone is factory unlocked also I got this q10 a month ago because of 10.3.1 and am still waiting.....damn!

Posted via CB10
    "Shameless". I do not think this word means what you think it means.
    04-10-15 12:24 AM
    All companies that mass produce items, in this case smartphones, would have a defect rate. The most sophisticated quality management tool to reduce factory defects is six sigma, but even with successful application of six sigma there'll be at least 3 defects per million parts (ideally). The OP could be a recipient of one of those defective items out of millions of perfectly working ones.

I've read a lot of BlackBerry users complaining about this and that, and that's expected. Those who received defective products and those who have negative things to say tend to be most vocal in airing their feedback to the company/manufacturer. I wonder what a third party quality auditor would say about the manufacturing error rate of BlackBerry. If it's within a tolerable level, then this OP is not justified. Otherwise, BlackBerry needs to shape up and compensate this customer.
    04-10-15 03:44 AM
    It's CrackBerry - the land of melodramatic, armchair CEO, Chicken-Little types.
    You watched the rest of that film right?

Check Out TechCraze
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-10-15 04:02 AM
    so.....what was your question?
    04-10-15 09:50 AM
    Sorry for the thread head guys but they keep talking about moving forward the brand but they themselves are holding it back. Slow os update or should I say "no os update" in my case. I know it's not easy developing a bug free software but i expect them to say something about what is really going on with the updates. Same as they did when bbm went worldwide, I love this brand too much but they are forcing my hand, am not worried about apps or the likes not being on BlackBerry but they should stop! make qnx look like a failure. Fix the damn os and seed it out. By the way am in nigeria and my phone is factory unlocked also I got this q10 a month ago because of 10.3.1 and am still waiting.....damn!

Posted via CB10
    I'm in Nigeria too, I'm trying to understand exactly what the problem is, I use a PassPort, my wife uses a Q10, we both received updates recently, the Q10 just got a major one, before the updates phones were fine, after the updates, they're better. Updates are oftentimes overrated, I use a Nexus 5 as my second daily driver, the update to Kit Kat ruined a perfectly awesome and fast phone, now the Nexus 5 is slow, buggy and user experience is just meh! So what's wrong with your phone or do you just reckon the OS should be updated because every other OS get's an update? In my experience a working OS is better than a broken update....
    04-10-15 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can't blame BB for US companies being slow to update because they suck at the Apple and Android teet.
    04-10-15 03:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which network do you use in Nigeria as ALL networks in Nigeria have released 10.3.1 for ALL DEVICES.

Something else is wrong with your phone if you have not received the update.
    04-10-15 04:54 PM

Maybe, just maybe, your earpiece of your handset is blown. There is a difference between the earpiece and the speakerphone.

I do have a Z10 with the same problem and I simply use it with a Bluetooth headset.
    04-10-15 04:58 PM
    the iphone doesn't release os because they have crappy system, they do it because they offer customers of their previous devices the same experience as the latest.
    What? Don't believe the hype.

Owners of older iPhones and iPads continue to suffer a myriad of problems with iOS 8 and Apple is starting to give the distinct impression it would rather ignore them and move on.

The latest evidence came last night with the release of iOS 8.1.3, a release specifically focused on bug fixes but one which bizarrely chose to ignore the major Bluetooth, WiFi, battery and calendar problems that have affected older iPhones and iPads since iOS 8 was released more than four months ago.
    Apple iOS 8.1.3 Release Will Again Anger Users - Forbes

Nearly 7 months. That�s how long it has taken Apple to not only address the biggest issue in iOS 8, but even admit its existence.

Launched yesterday, iOS 8.3 lacks headline grabbing features (Apple�s streaming music service is now clearly pushed to iOS 8.4) but visitors to the largest iOS 8 thread on Apple Support Communities will be jumping for joy: the existence of �WiFried� has finally been acknowledged and, what�s more, it should be dead.
    It is just a shame it took almost seven months, eight iOS 8 releases and a stance of total denial before it was fixed. Then again maybe we shouldn�t be surprised, we�ve been here many times before�

Update: an increasing number of users are reporting iOS 8.3 doesn�t fix their WiFried issues. It will be some comfort to know Apple has finally acknowledged the problem, but without another fix it appears WiFried is far from dead yet.
    Apple iOS 8.3 Finally Admits To A Massive Problem - Forbes
    04-10-15 06:53 PM
55 123