I read a lot from Blackberry and the CEO claiming it's security is superior. But never have I seen them explain why or how. So it means little to me if they don't explain it in simple terms. I am looking for an excuse not to convert to an Android or something else. Can anyone explain what Blackberry's so-called superior security actually means? Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:05 PM
    01-02-15 09:00 PM
    Thanks for the help. But that article doesn't tell me what I want to hear. I don't really understand it. Not the right language for the end user. If Blackberry can't communicate that selling point with the consumer market it's obviously not a big enough issue for me to care about.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:14 AM
    Thanks for the help. But that article doesn't tell me what I want to hear. I don't really understand it. Not the right language for the end user. If Blackberry can't communicate that selling point with the consumer market it's obviously not a big enough issue for me to care about.

Posted via CB10
    The article is broken down into easy to understand headings and I did not find any jargons.

Moreover,
    To that end, BB has a quick summary on their website for how to secure the human, which is nicely de-geekified for the average non-geek human.
     Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    01-04-15 02:04 AM
    Can anyone explain what Blackberry's so-called superior security actually means?
    You could search other threads for that topic. Start reading here.
    01-04-15 03:52 AM
    The average consumer doesn't care about security and will be challenged by any explanation. The average consumer cares for shiny buttons, fluffy kittens and what the latest pimped out pop star has.
    When the pimped out pop star has their nekkid pictures compromised and public released on the Internet they make a big fuss, but are secretly pleased because they are getting more attention.
    When the average consumer gets their nekkid pictures compromised and released on the Internet they make somewhat of a fuss, but are secretly pleased because now they feel a step closer to their idol.

Yes, I am a cynic.

BlackBerry devices are not for everyone and BlackBerry will never be able to convince everybody of its merits. It's a good thing and provides for variety and choice.
    01-04-15 04:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what it is you want to hear. This thread has some good points.
    01-04-15 04:12 AM