Hello, this is my first time using a BlackBerry phone.

I bought a refurbished BlackBerry Q5 and have just set it up.

It recognizes my SIM card, connects to my carrier' network and I can also receive SMS/MMS.

The only thing that bothers me now is that BB Link says that its OS version is 10.3.1.2576. (This was the OS version of the phone when I received it, and it doesn't update to 10.3.2)

More specifically:
    '
    Software Release:

OS Version:
    '

When I click 'Software Updates' -> 'Check for Updates' from within BB Link, it says 'Your BlackBerry has the latest available software'.

Why is this? I don't understand.

Isn't the latest OS for Q5 which can be updated to via BB Link is 10.3.2?

For what it's worth, the information written on its box is as follows:
    'BlackBerry Q5 SQR100-2 Pure White

10.3.2 Bundle 2639

Model: RFS121LW

Made in Taiwan for BlackBerry Canada'

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    01-05-19 09:41 PM
    Hello, I'm the OP of this thread. I was very tired before, so mistakenly posted some wrong information in my original post.

The information I said was written on its box is incorrect; it's from another Q5 phone I bought from the same seller at the same time.

The actual information for this problematic phone is:

10.3.1 Bundle 2576

So the OS version printed on the back of the box is relevant with the one shown in BB Link, except it won't update to 10.3.2 as I wish.

Is there some subset of the Q5 Model SQR100-2, for which the latest OS version officially offered via BB Link is 10.3.1, instead of 10.3.2?

If that is the case, I can live with that.

I see threads talking about how you can update to even 10.3.3 using an autoloader and so forth, but I'm a total beginner, so for now I think that is for later when I have read upon such methods sufficiently.

Even the official Q5 PDF manual file I've downloaded from BlackBerry website assumes the OS version to be 10.3.2, so I don't really understand why my phone is stuck at version 10.3.1...

The ebay seller I purchased the phone from has a feedback score above 99%, and he listed the phone as 'manufacturer refurbished'.

When I first turned on the phone, I had to select region, language, and read the terms of agreement, etc. so I guess the phone was reset before shipping, or when being refurbished.

It would be tremendously helpful if someone could give some insight into this.

Windstray
    01-06-19 09:55 AM
    Hello, I'm the OP of this thread. I was very tired before, so mistakenly posted some wrong information in my original post.

The information I said was written on its box is incorrect; it's from another Q5 phone I bought from the same seller at the same time.

10.3.1 Bundle 2576

So the OS version printed on the back of the box is relevant with the one shown in BB Link, except it won't update to 10.3.2 as I wish.

Is there some subset of the Q5 Model SQR100-2, for which the latest OS version officially offered via BB Link is 10.3.1, instead of 10.3.2?

I see threads talking about how you can update to even 10.3.3 using an autoloader and so forth, but I'm a total beginner, so for now I think that is for later when I have read upon such methods sufficiently.

Even the official Q5 PDF manual file I've downloaded from BlackBerry website assumes the OS version to be 10.3.2, so I don't really understand why my phone is stuck at version 10.3.1...

The ebay seller I purchased the phone from has a feedback score above 99%, and he listed the phone as 'manufacturer refurbished'.

When I first turned on the phone, I had to select region, language, and read the terms of agreement, etc. so I guess the phone was reset before shipping, or when being refurbished.

Windstray
    The reasons don't really matter.

If you want to update, you'll have to do it yourself with an autoloader.

https://mega.nz/#!RJJWTTzT!USoRTNKQv...Bcej8X1VLRT6NU

Download to PC, unzip, plug in phone, run autoloader.

Your device will be wiped in the process.
    01-06-19 10:05 AM

10.3.1 Bundle 2576

Windstray
    The carrier in your region is responsible for OS OTA updates and it would seem that your carrier offers no updates. Other than trying different sim cards from other carriers your only option is to use an autoloader. The process (sounds daunting) is really very easy. I would update to the latest 10.3.3.3216 from here: https://mega.nz/#F!fA0URRLL!P-4nDqc5...5LyhA!uUEXFISb

Download the Q10 autoloader from the list to your PC. The autoloader is the zipped 1.46 Gb file. Once downloaded to your PC, unzip the file using a windows program called 7-zip or Winzip. Plug your Q5 into the PC via usb and click on the autoloader .exe file. Your device will wipe clean and begin the installation. This process takes about 15 minutes and will reboot when finished (be patient as this takes awhile). Once finished you will have the latest OS and you can set up your device as if new with your BBID and password. Good Luck!

p.s. if for some reason you don't want 10.3.3.xx you can choose 10.3.2.xxxx (avoid the broken 10.3.2.2876) from Thurask's archive on the page I linked above.
    01-06-19 10:12 AM