Can I activate a bbq5 with metro pcs
    07-03-14 10:29 PM
    After the second half of 2015,you would be able to, but currently, MetroPCS is on CDMA, but is working to shift over to GSM.
    07-03-14 11:19 PM
    Yes you can but in store they will tell you it isn't possible. Just get a q5 compatible with t mobile bands and then call customer service until you get someone willing to set the phone up for you. You have to have the imei registered (whitelisted) with metro pcs before you insert the sim card and the q5 must be unlocked or else you will get an error saying the device is not allowed in the network. I know this because I went through all this getting my girlfriends unlocked stl 100-3 z10 working on metro pcs.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    07-03-14 11:34 PM
    OK thanks
    07-03-14 11:41 PM
    Yes you can but in store they will tell you it isn't possible. Just get a q5 compatible with t mobile bands and then call customer service until you get someone willing to set the phone up for you. You have to have the imei registered (whitelisted) with metro pcs before you insert the sim card and the q5 must be unlocked or else you will get an error saying the device is not allowed in the network. I know this because I went through all this getting my girlfriends unlocked stl 100-3 z10 working on metro pcs.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have to register the IMEI before the sim card is inserted? Also when you give them the IMEI won't they know it's a BlackBerry and say they can't do it or something like that?

I put in a metro sim on my phone, got 4g LTE and all that, called customer service, ported in my number from tmo to metro, waited an hour as was told but didn't have service and said device not allowed. I called back and was told it doesn't work cause it's a BlackBerry and the phone registered on TMo is a iPhone. I cancelled the port in.

So, am I screwed?

Please help!!!

My phone is a z10 from tmo.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:16 PM
    Please help!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 11:12 AM
    Do you have an stl 100-3? That's the model we used. Also, ask them to provision your line for an LTE android device instead of the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:31 PM
    What are the steps I have to do? Please, help me. I tried multiple times and each time the phone read that device not allowed. I went back to T-Mobile and spent $20 plus tax for nothing .

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 07:51 PM
    After the second half of 2015,you would be able to, but currently, MetroPCS is on CDMA, but is working to shift over to GSM.
    MetroPCS cut over to GSM already.

Posted with the Diva's Z10.
    07-14-14 10:35 PM
    What are the steps I have to do? Please, help me. I tried multiple times and each time the phone read that device not allowed. I went back to T-Mobile and spent $20 plus tax for nothing .

Posted via CB10
    They cannot do it in store. Keep calling customer service until you get someone who will do it. You need an android LTE plan not an iPhone LTE plan

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:44 PM
    Won't they know it's a BlackBerry when I give them the IMEI though?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 11:15 PM
    It doesn't matter....

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 07:03 AM
    Hey I'm sorry to dig up an age old thread but I'm looking to doing the same thing but with a passport I've seen various threads on this and it seems it's possible I just wanted to hopefully confirm here that still today that trick works where you tell them you want to port over an Android
    Yesterday 06:54 PM