Hello,

I have a problem with my 9 months old Q5...
    For the last two days, my phone keeps on turning on and off all day long for no apparent reasons.
    When my phone is rarely working, the screen goes black after a message appears saying that the phone will be turned off after. 3...2...1... Just like if I was hitting the home button.

Then, I have the "Blackberry" message on the phone for 3seconds followed by a black screen with the red LED on.... Keeps on repeating these 2 steps all day long.

When I press the home button to switch it on, it works 5% of the time. And when the phone works, it is only for about 2min, no more.

When I slightly "hit" the phone, the 3...2...1 message sometimes disappear.

I don't know what to do. (Already restore it, got the up to date OS...)

Thank you,

Hugo
    08-22-14 05:43 PM
    That probably means that your power button is too sensitive. Has this always been happening or is this a new thing? I'd suggest sending it in for repairs or get a replacement. It sounds like a hardware problem

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:55 PM
    This is a new thing, and I don't remember that the phone received a "choc" or something that could have physically hurt the phone. I am also facing another issue. I am French and bought my phone in France but I am moving to the US in 3 days for a year, does the warranty work there too or only on a national scale?
    08-22-14 06:05 PM
    This is a new thing, and I don't remember that the phone received a "choc" or something that could have physically hurt the phone. I am also facing another issue. I am French and bought my phone in France but I am moving to the US in 3 days for a year, does the warranty work there too or only on a national scale?
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

I would assume it's on a national level but I cant be sure. Since you're staying for a year, I'm assuming you'll have an address? In that case, you should try to give it to a blackberry store in france to take advantage of the warranty and get them to ship it to the U.S. I'm not sure if they'd let you do this but it's basically returning the device and replacing with a new one and you can have new blackberries shipped.

And something must have happened to your phone because this isnt a normal thing. Anyway, wish you luck and bonne chance
    08-22-14 06:14 PM